Active capable HU instead of a processor ????

OK I see the one with 8 outputs now, its under the kits but its $275. So whats the deal with the "noise" they create ? Have any of you actually installed them and had issues ? Esgedi seems happy with his.

https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/c-dsp-6x8

These are the same boards used in Soundstream Harmony and PPI DSP. Do not go by a Amazon Review. How many of these you see in the lanes?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

SB, relax we are probably not going to any lanes with them. Maybe the lanes at McDonald's in the drive thru, lol. I am tempted to get one for the wifes bone stock Trailblazer and see if I can do that system any justice, mean while maybe learn a thing or two about DSP's . For a little over 100 I don't see how anyone could go wrong. If you happen to get one that is horrible I would bet they would warranty it. Looks like they have been around a lil while and seem legit.

Just take a look at any SQ forum. You'll see what it's worth.

Their website is well documented.

Lots of info on home audio uses for those dsp.

No noise for me.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I have been checking out some nice HU's and some of them seem to have a lot of the features that a DSP would have . So why not save 500-$1000 and get a head unit that has crossover adj, time alignment, band pass, etc ?

My whole system is running off of a MiniDSP 2x4. $1000? o__O

The features the MiniDSP has even with the basic plugins far surpass that of FLAGSHIP head units. You're comparing checkers to chess.

E2HXkx3.png

Watch these units they are know to put whine into the highs and mids. The Soundstream Harmony and the PPI DSP are the same whine on the outputs.

The MiniDSP 2x4 for car audio comes with a DC isolator. All genuine MiniDSP products have DC isolation, their cheaper boards that soundstream, ppi, ampere audio etc aren't DC isolated. Also, with a genuine MiniDSP you get the option to run multiple plugins, as well as auto-EQ via the biquads. That's not an option with other brands that they build the boards for, unless you build your own firmware for it.

Don't trust a shop but you personally just smoked two decks, makes sense.

03' Trailblazer LT
Dayton Designer 6.5"s & Silkie tweeters
Dayton Audio Ultimax 18"
Pioneer 9601 & 8604
XS Power D3400
2 runs 1/0
Singer 250

Archived