How To: Put a proper Crimp on Larger Wire

When I first got mine, I was fucking around and double crimped the same wire with 2 different dies. When I used the smaller one I got more edge than a little bit, lol. They were both very tight though

That's why after each crimp I rotate the lug and re do the exact same spot to smash the wings down.

Damn, bummer your old thread was deleted, had a lot of good input and info.

Thanks for re-uploading the pics, your last thread sure helped convince me to crimp my connections with a proper hydraulic crimper :)

Dammit. You made me edit this to add some how to info. lol.

Good shit :D

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

I use 1/0 and 2/0 welding cable and is standard size not oversized like some audio cable. I also use standard lugs for welding cable. My crimper came with a chart that shows what size dies to use. When I put the cable in the lug, it barely fits. When the cable is stripped the strands have to be straight. If they are twisted it won't go in. The first time I did it I thought I had the wrong lugs. It just has to be freshly stripped and really straight. When I crimp I use the die on the chart. I have tried one size smaller afterwards just to see and it would not go together. Again, I am using standard size lugs and cable. When wings are formed, the clamping compression force is less because in effect the lug is split on both sides. The oversized stuff looks like a mix and match to get it right. People have no way of knowing what fits what and just end up with anything. And that's ok too as long as it works. IMHO

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

As it should be!

Those hammer indent tools and vice-grip-squeezers darn near give me a brain aneurysm. Crimping with a proper tool is easy. Soldering is easy. Pick one, do it. Don't do both, and don't half-ass either.

Archived