i already boguht a continental poly v belt, 72 inches. thats the name that good year gator back is known as now.

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

73 inch

Kenwood excelon ddx795

McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Having to go a whole inch shorter seems odd to me, I think you should try the 72 1/2" belt.

I'm leaning towards it being to tight.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

13076520_1317338991626017_69470600772706

13010836_1317338898292693_63315529935286

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

Dayco belts are garbage, get a gates green stripe or a goodyear gator back belt.

How much play do you have in the belt?

Daycos are my backup if I cant find a Gates at the time.

Gatorbacks are the worst, they claim that since they have treads like a tire they grip better (not sure how less surface area is better after all thats why dragsters runs slicks), but I burned through a couple of them between spring/summer. I then bought a Dayco which I used for over a year until finding a Gates when I was out of town, and now that belt is a couple years if not older.

A lot of people swear by gator backs and have for a long time which is why I recommended them but I never had luck with them personally, I tried them as my supercharger belt and it ripped them to pieces within a couple months.

A dayco belt lasted a week or two.

The gates green stripes were the only ones that held up for any reasonable length of time.

That particular belt was tight as hell too which is what caused them to all to fail but if it was loose at all it slipped under load.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

last night I went to change the tensioner but had the wrong one so I just swapped the belt till autozone gets the new 1 in.

I noticed though that the belt felt hot. I think I did try a 72.5 and it was to loose. hmm

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

Archived