Smoove Posted April 25, 2016 Report Posted April 25, 2016 found it http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175677-free-education/page-28 subsonicluv, on 17 Oct 2013 - 09:00 AM, said: -The word "subsonic" to describe low frequency audio is TOTALLY incorrect Hmmmm. Well I guess it's back to the drawing board on my user name... lol yeah somehow "subsonic" was used somewhere in audio and just stuck. Kind of like "Watts RMS", that also isn't correct. We are just trying to educate and keep our sport legit. I'm sure I'll get to all of this stuff in future videos, because once we are done learning about basic electricity we are going to dive in to audio. But for now: Supersonic = faster than 768 miles per hour Subsonic = slower than 768 miles per hour Ultrasonic = Higher than 20,000 Hz Infrasonic = Lower than 20 Hz -Tony 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Karkov Posted April 25, 2016 Report Posted April 25, 2016 Rockford uses Infrasonic....... EDIT: Is it still a rule of thumb to set "it" a half octave below tuning? Does it still depend on slope? Even with DD1+ how do I change slope?! Isn't it built into the amplifier and thus unchangeable? Am I thinking of something different or am I just super noob? Does "ohm rise" affect slope in any way? I think I need to go refresh myself on slopes........ Older RF amps use the wrong term subsonic filter as well. Werd. found it http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175677-free-education/page-28 subsonicluv, on 17 Oct 2013 - 09:00 AM, said: -The word "subsonic" to describe low frequency audio is TOTALLY incorrect Hmmmm. Well I guess it's back to the drawing board on my user name... lol yeah somehow "subsonic" was used somewhere in audio and just stuck. Kind of like "Watts RMS", that also isn't correct. We are just trying to educate and keep our sport legit. I'm sure I'll get to all of this stuff in future videos, because once we are done learning about basic electricity we are going to dive in to audio. But for now: Supersonic = faster than 768 miles per hour Subsonic = slower than 768 miles per hour Ultrasonic = Higher than 20,000 Hz Infrasonic = Lower than 20 Hz -Tony https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_mean_square 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Triticum Agricolam Posted April 25, 2016 Report Posted April 25, 2016 Rockford uses Infrasonic....... EDIT: Is it still a rule of thumb to set "it" a half octave below tuning? Does it still depend on slope? Even with DD1+ how do I change slope?! Isn't it built into the amplifier and thus unchangeable? Am I thinking of something different or am I just super noob? Does "ohm rise" affect slope in any way? I think I need to go refresh myself on slopes........ It does depend on the slope, but from what I've seen just about all amps I've seen use a 24 dB/octave slope, there may be exceptions though so its probably wise to check. A half octave below tuning is a pretty reasonable starting place. If you really wanted to dial it in for max performance while still keeping your sub safe you can check the excursion in something like WinISD or BassBoxPro and figure out just how low you could put your filter and still keep excursion reasonable. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.