DC Sound Lab

dc 5k protect issue. amp tested 100% fine why is this happening?

That's what I was thinking because I had zero noise and no alt whine now I have both . Think when it popped took out my last working tweeter. Thankfully I haven't installed my new ones yet. makes popping when turned to volume 0 changing source, going to Bluetooth phone etc u get popping. Don't understand why he would just screw-up out of nowhere anyone else experience this issue with pioneer 80prs wonder if it's from bass. Going to start by switching out hu with kenwood screen to see if that works. Hoping it's hu because I believe with sonicelectronix there's a year warranty

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

That's odd, I don't believe I've ever had my 80prs pop when switching sources.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Is it possible he blew the pico fuse? I've heard of Pioneer decks picking up ground loop noise after the fuse blows, but I haven't heard of it sending amps into protect. Here's a write up on the repair, just in case it is the problem.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/44297-howto-properly-fix-your-pioneers-rca-ground/?&hl=fuse

That's what popped into my head. If the excess noise disappears when he uses the kenwood, and the 5k stops protecting with RCA's plugged in, then that would definitely be my guess. Since the amp comes out of protect with the RCA's unplugged, that leads me to believe it's something in the line of those.

How did it test when you took the LC-1 out of the loop?

Haven't tested anything besides what I intialy did will try and work on it today strongly thinking its defective hu. Found this on Google one of the first things that popped up.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/head-units/550087-pioneer-80-prs-issues.html

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Doesn't make sense for Pico fuse to blow out of nowhere. have never hot swaped rcas because I know pioneers our notorious for blowing them

You may not hot swapped, I'm leaning towards the LC-1 being the issue and possibly blowing the pico. There was a recent LC-1 issue thread, where one of the wires inside of it had broken it's connection and caused problems. Take the LC-1 out of play, and see if your amp still protects. If you're still getting noise but your amp no longer protects with RCA's plugged in, then it's probably the pico. If amp still protects, swap HU's and try again.

No you're right Kyle. One amp in protect, one with noise. Sorry if my explanation wasn't clear on that.

Dc 5K in protect with rcas in

Mmats sq4100 no protection noise and alt wine

Skar sk85.4 no protection noise and alt whine