Sundown Audio

Can you run 2 amps to a common point

TRD TUNDRA

No you can't, not how you're wanting to do it anyways.

Are the amps strapable?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

unless the amps are strap able you will fry both amps in seconds

Even if they are he'd still fry them wiring them like that.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Run one amp to each coil and gain match the amps(assuming they are set properly to begin with).

What sub and coil configuration are you trying to do this with?

It's a sundown zv4 and I reconed it to a dual 2 ohm one cab 1600 isn't enough for this sub. All things considered it's probably getting around 1200 rms with impedance rise and voltage drop so I wanted to run the coils in parallel to keep the one ohm but run 2 of these amps cause they are cheap good power. But if this isn't possible I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy a big amp

If you strap the cab1600s they need to be wired at 2ohms. Thats if they are even strapable, which I see nothing listed saying they are.

When you strap two 1ohm amps the minimum lowest impedance is doubled.

So if each amp is 1ohm stable, the pair strapped would be 2 ohms (which runs each amp at 1ohm).

So if you wired your dual 2ohm woofer in parallel at 1ohm to a pair of stapped amps, each amp would be working at half ohm.

These amps CANNOT take .5ohms daily. They will smoke!

Connecting 2 positive speaker output wires from 2 amps will also smoke the amps, that is not how amps are strapped.

Archived