Carnines Posted May 1, 2016 Report Posted May 1, 2016 Ok I don't mind putting them in my doors at all. Saving the kick space for components. When using an 8 in door configuration how is the door sealed off just with deadners? Or would it be better to make a sealed fiberglass pod that attaches to the door. Sealed pod along with deadened doors. Way less vibrations.
gizmo1 Posted May 1, 2016 Author Report Posted May 1, 2016 Yea I haven't got around to doing any deadning but my bronco needs it bad so many rattles it sounds horrible. That's why I don't want to put a lot of money into 8s I really need deadner plus I've had so many offers on it in thinking real seriously about selling I'm not much of a ford person to begin with.
gizmo1 Posted May 3, 2016 Author Report Posted May 3, 2016 So these are my 3 options for dual 8s First one is bottom of door panel next to seat. I would have to delete the vent which I have no idea what that's for. Second is between door pull handle and factory speaker location. Which will kind of suck when trying to reach for door handle and may block glove box on passenger side. Last is rear factory speaker location which would be the most convenient. Real question is which would be the best for soundstage.
bcbrassard Posted May 3, 2016 Report Posted May 3, 2016 I used RF P3 shallow 8's. Running them in 8 ohm stereo off a T400-4, there getting about 130 watts each vented into the body of the car and add a great amount of midbass where i am running the T2 6.5's as midrange.
bcbrassard Posted May 3, 2016 Report Posted May 3, 2016 Get a sert of Q-form kick panels and modify them to house 8's and i think you would be happy and easy to do. Thats what i plan to do to the sons 94 ext cab.
bassfreak85 Posted May 3, 2016 Report Posted May 3, 2016 http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rs225p-4-8-reference-paper-woofer-4-ohm--295-377 https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-8-woofers/scanspeak-22w/4534g-discovery-8-woofer-4-ohm/ https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-8-woofers/peerless-nomex-830869-8-nomex-cone-woofer/
gizmo1 Posted May 3, 2016 Author Report Posted May 3, 2016 Get a sert of Q-form kick panels and modify them to house 8's and i think you would be happy and easy to do. Thats what i plan to do to the sons 94 ext cab. I want to put components in my kicks. Looking for another spot to toss in the 8s.
gizmo1 Posted May 3, 2016 Author Report Posted May 3, 2016 I used RF P3 shallow 8's. Running them in 8 ohm stereo off a T400-4, there getting about 130 watts each vented into the body of the car and add a great amount of midbass where i am running the T2 6.5's as midrange. By vented into body do you mean they are being run free air or that they are ported.
reedal Posted May 3, 2016 Report Posted May 3, 2016 He cut the sheet metal out behind the kick panel in order to give the 8's more air space. If you're putting a component set in the kicks, why not put the 8" midbass in the stock door location? It'd be relatively simple, and wouldn't involve fiberglass. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
bcbrassard Posted May 3, 2016 Report Posted May 3, 2016 MIds and highs should not be down by your ankles IMO. Kick panel is the better spot for midbass IMO. Look at putting comp set in doors or dash or a-pillars. Just my two cents. I had a pair kick panels made for 6.5, it added midbass but there was cancellation from the other set in the doors in factory location. Some of the other 8" options look good too. I had the extra t400-4 to run so i went with RF 8s to keep the theme. 8's vented into the body was a helpful suggestion from a SQ winner on the forum. Works great IMO. It is the one thing i would repeat again. Other than that i would change a ton of shit in my set up. But thats trial & error for ya.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.