Second Skin Audio

18 wired at 1ohm

If doesn't say on their site?

Edit: site says 1400 rms. Any amp that puts out 1400-1500 watts would do good for it.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

If doesn't say on their site?

Edit: site says 1400 rms. Any amp that puts out 1400-1500 watts would do good for it.

Yea it just says 1400 Rms doesn't give a ohm ok cool thank you any suggestions on amp? Going to running 1/0 wire on a 300amp alternator with secondary battery in the back with big three done

The coil configuration (resistance) doesn't determine the thermal capabilities of the coil (1400w). Meaning you can wire a coil rated for 1400 watts to any nominal DC resistance you want (.5, 1, 2, 4, 8ohms, etc.) , and it will still be rated for 1400 watts. The DCR comes into play with your amplifier and how much power it will output with a given load.

I recommend you get an amp that puts out 1.5kW to 2kW, giving you headroom, which will allow the amp to run more efficiently given its not trying to squeeze out everything it can. Set gain using a -5dB or -7.5dB overlap, and you should be good to go.

The coil configuration (resistance) doesn't determine the thermal capabilities of the coil (1400w). Meaning you can wire a coil rated for 1400 watts to any nominal DC resistance you want (.5, 1, 2, 4, 8ohms, etc.) , and it will still be rated for 1400 watts. The DCR comes into play with your amplifier and how much power it will output with a given load.

I recommend you get an amp that puts out 1.5kW to 2kW, giving you headroom, which will allow the amp to run more efficiently given its not trying to squeeze out everything it can. Set gain using a -5dB or -7.5dB overlap, and you should be good to go.

Gain on the amp? You have any suggestions on a brand of amp for that wattage

yes, the gain on the amp. Properly set at the right overlap will lead to a long life from both the sub and the amp.

There are quite a few good brands, DC makes amps, ampere, sundown, crescendo, and others. Do some searching to find what you want. The sponsor brands of this forum are pretty good brands :)

yes, the gain on the amp. Properly set at the right overlap will lead to a long life from both the sub and the amp.

There are quite a few good brands, DC makes amps, ampere, sundown, crescendo, and others. Do some searching to find what you want. The sponsor brands of this forum are pretty good brands :)

Sundown has a 1500watt at 1ohm

What do you mean by right overlap

Short version: overlap is using an attenuated test tone to match the attenuation of the music you listen to.

How do you intend to set the gain on your amplifier that you buy?

Archived