2005 Chevy Tahoe "Charging system failure"

They hardly ever don't get charged. If the truck is home they are on the charger. Another update resetting the truck and unplugging the sensor and plugging it back in did nothing. Still charging at 13.6-13.7 and the "CHARGING SYS FAILURE" and battery light come on after about 2 minutes of starting the truck. Voltage gauge on truck shows 14 and the truck is running like it always has.

Still have the OEM alt? Swap it in place of the singer, leave all connections in place for big three and whatever else, that way the only difference in the alt. If your faults clear, it's the alt

Still have the OEM alt? Swap it in place of the singer, leave all connections in place for big three and whatever else, that way the only difference in the alt. If your faults clear, it's the alt

Ya I do have the stock alt. I'm probably gonna try that tomorrow. Thanks for all the help guys it's much appreciated.

Curious what the culprit is...tuned...

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I'll put the stock alt back on tomorrow and see what happens. Drove the truck all tonight with no issue, warning and battery light still on, and still charging at 13.7. Got home and plugged it up to the Intellicharger and got well past 14 volts within seconds and had a green light on the charger within 20 minutes like always.. I'll keep you guys posted.

Archived