Second Skin Audio

3 new subs for Horn loaded box

This is my first post so i hope i do this right.

I currently have 3 JBL Gt5-15s wich are $80 subs with 14mm xmax 300 watt rms power handling and 89db 1w/1m rating. i am looking to upgrade them the only thing is my budget is max 300 per sub and all subs must have an overall mounting depth of 8 inches not any more or it will not fit in the horned box. i am wanting higher xmax and decent sensitivity subs.

i have been looking at the B2 IS 15, Sundown SA15 and the psi platform 1 15s (with hp option)

Your box is a horn? Not just any sub is going to work well in a horn. They tend to be very picky. Do you have any specs on the horn? How about some pictures?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

FS range 20-30hz, QTS .3-.5, VAS 100-300L xmax no less than 15, maximum driver depth 8 inches. the horn has a 14ft long path way and gets down to 22 hz but is responsive at 17hz. i cross them over at 80hz. also due to the large amount of air infront of the sub the box rise is very high. I haven't been able to clamp the power to it yet though (still need a true rms amp meter)

Don't know shit about horns but SA-15's slam get a real ported box and let them go

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I'm bored and the Cubs are losing

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

FS range 20-30hz, QTS .3-.5, VAS 100-300L xmax no less than 15, maximum driver depth 8 inches. the horn has a 14ft long path way and gets down to 22 hz but is responsive at 17hz. i cross them over at 80hz. also due to the large amount of air infront of the sub the box rise is very high. I haven't been able to clamp the power to it yet though (still need a true rms amp meter)

Ok, so its a BFM Tuba HT? You have three of these? In a vehicle?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived