Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer ideas!

No offense but I'm not gonna drop 5 grand on a shit JL build and post it here would rather show some real subs , I don't hate JL just not interested at all in them.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

DD, AA, Sundown, FI, SSA,Incriminator,AB VFL , etc. you know the good or you wouldn't be here

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I would run with an HDC3 15" on 1100W and call it a day.

http://www.soundqubed.com/HDC3115-Copper-Coil-Subwoofer_p_24.html

$299.00

HiFonics Brutus BRZ1100.1d

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67933_Hifonics-Brutus-BRX1100.1D.html

$150.

$450 and I think you'll be extremely pleased. This is of course leaving out the cost of paying someone to build you a box, or the price of materials to build it yourself.

I have the HDC 3 18" on that 1100W amp, and it flexes the roof of the trailblazer despite being vastly unpowering for the subwoofer.

I've seen a lot of JL subs in crap box builds, a lot of people cram them into boxes that are way too small and get really crappy output. I sold my HDS312's to a guy that had a pair of JL W6v3's and he had them in a crappy best buy premade box. He had no clue his box was destroying the output of his subs and it was why my subs were exponentially louder than his on the same amplifier.

Your budget isn't clear. Is it $500 out of pocket with the value of the JL subs added. After selling those JL subs, you would have another $200-$250 more added to your build, getting you around a $700 budget.

Problem is, the budget can get out of hand very fast... Especially if you are needing to start fresh on a new build, cause you are going to need all new wires. A decent box will cost you around $100 unless you build your own, which the materials will cost you about half that. Also, are you using a stock head unit for this application?

Don't think I have ever seen a kicker build here

I would run with an HDC3 15" on 1100W and call it a day.

http://www.soundqubed.com/HDC3115-Copper-Coil-Subwoofer_p_24.html

$299.00

HiFonics Brutus BRZ1100.1d

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67933_Hifonics-Brutus-BRX1100.1D.html

$150.

$450 and I think you'll be extremely pleased. This is of course leaving out the cost of paying someone to build you a box, or the price of materials to build it yourself.

I have the HDC 3 18" on that 1100W amp, and it flexes the roof of the trailblazer despite being vastly unpowering for the subwoofer.

That amp is not enough power for that sub, I would rather recommend the HDS315 if you are going to pair it with that amplifier... Which I wouldn't recommend it. I had a Hifnoics BRE1700.1D and it was enough to power my HDS312, but it prematurely died after 1 year. I wouldn't recommend a Hifonics amplifier, i've had 3 of them die on me after a very short period of usage.

I would suggest something like this:

http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/twisted-sounds-ts1-3k-1300w-monoblock-bass-amplifier/

$260 after the 10% Memorial day discount.

Hifonics belong with JL and Kicker

Archived