Just installed an OM-1. Couldn't find a constant power source behind the dash, so I joined the constant power and remote power wires from the OM-1 to an "accessory on" wire from a 12V outlet. Is this bad news, or does it really make any difference. I'm not sure why the OM-1 needs a constant power supply... Thanks for your help!

Hey! Thanks for your reply. That was my plan, and I had a fuse-tap on hand, but it's in a 2015 F150, and the fuse box is using ATL fuses, so I don't think my ATM fuse tap will work... Searched for a constant on, and finally gave up... I'm just worried that the "accessory on" power-ups are going to fry the OM-1 after a half-dozen start ups... Can uninstall and rewire if I have to, but it's not an easy fix. Would be nice if it was cool the way I've got it...

Edited by Jammer_BC

I ran 14ga primary wire for power, ground, and remote turn on from my dash to my amps. Small gauge wire like that is easy to run that long and hide.

Edit: clarification: from my OM-1 and VM-1 in the dash, back to my sub amp which is what they are connected to.

Edited by reedal

Hell, you have a battery in the vehicle yes?

Nah, caps bruh
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

What a gong show... Turns out I had constant power, needed accessory power. Ended up taking out the dash media unit, uninstalled my new gauges, dug around with a test light for another hour or so... No idea where any accessory power is in that s.o.b... Guess the head unit comes on by magic. Anyway, ended up putting in a rocker switch wired from a DC outlet to use as remote-on, installed permanent usb outlet there, powers OM-1 and Volt meter... Now can kill charge outlet and meters when parked or when not wanted. These new cars are a PIA.