Sonic Electronix

Volvo got sold.... most of that stuff is in the F150. I'll end up going over with some nicer deadner at some point. Pull 2 layers of the cheap shit off and run some thinner good deadner, plus some acoustic foam.

For the price, that Fosgate amp is hard to beat. Unless you get up over $250 for a 4 channel, not much in that lower market is coming close to it. Ampere, b2, Crescendo, Sundown, Synergy... I'd love to pick up one of their 4 channels up but they are expensive as fuck dude. Really good quality, but really high price too.

Hm.. Maybe I'll have to give RF another shot then.

How big of a difference would you say deadener makes in your opinion and experience?

Is it even worth doing at all?

Maybe just do a little on your front doors and roof . . It wont take much to help if your hearing any sheet metal noise

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

You say it has a noisy rear end. Can you afford to rebuild the rear end when it goes? If not anything you sink into this thing that cannot be reused will be lost. Deadener is least of what I would worry about.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

For sound deadening, you want to focus on butyl based stuff. I have a 100FT³ of fatmat rattletrap in my Corolla, it's been in there for 2 years now and it's still pretty stinky, also some of it has gotten ridiculously messy,... I toss some Tree air fresheners in the trunk to help. I also saw you ask about sound deadner removal... lol HELL NAW this shit is never coming off, you are talking weeks of clean-up and it's just not cost effective to do it. Sound deadening in my car changed a lot, it was quite a bit louder and it sounded much better. But i'm also running a trunk set-up compared to your open SUV set-up.

If I went back and did it again, I would wait for a deal. Like Broke said, the Second Skin 40 Pounders are a great find. They go on sale from time to time, you just have to keep a watch out for them, they are the best deal... Every once and a while I see good deals on Dynamat through amazon, which is also butyl based. Personally, i'd just wait till Cyber Monday deals in a few months for that kind of thing. Also, for your roof flex, i'd look into something like Vibraflex from Ampere Audio.

I would upgrade your amplifier to something like this:

http://twistedsoundscaraudio.com/ts1-8kw/

I run that on my HDC3.110 and it is more than enough to get it moving. Mine came with a dyno sheet showing 2199w @ 14.4v on the 1% THD certified test on the SMD amp dyno.

Here is a pretty good 4 channel amp:

https://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/content/twisted-sounds-ts954-95w-4-channel-car-amplifier

For your electrical, the absolute minimum i'd do is get a AGM battery, like a XS Power or if you have a local batteries plus, i'd get one of their 2XPower AGM's. If you want to go up much more in power than what you are currently at, i'd highly suggest contacting Mechman, Singer or DC Power for a H/O alternator. If you do go that route, just know... it takes 6-8 weeks to get, that is build time with shipping. So, plan ahead on that upgrade.

For door speakers, i'd maybe check into something like this:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22325_Image-Dynamics-CXS64-v.2.html

Other great brands to look into are Morel and Hertz... Just depends on how much you want to spend for this part of your system. If you want to get something decent, i'd go with Rockford, JL, or JBL components.

For Big 3 wires, i'd just buy some Knuconceptz Kolossus Fleks 1/0 gauge, about 15FT of it should do.

I think we may be in the midst of a rage quit,

Everyone gather round.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Everyone gather round.

There's no point in this thread anymore since you derailed it with your useless posts.

I came in here asking for advice about overall audio, and you tunneled in on deadening, and then instead of adding meaningful suggestions like some of the other posters, you spouted your ignorance without anything to back it up.

It saddens me to see people like you in this hobby.

Everyone gather round.

There's no point in this thread anymore since you derailed it with your useless posts.

sure there is. you got plenty of suggestions. ported box, better 4 channel, use actual sound deadener. dont get butthurt because people criticized your cheapness.

Archived