Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

ok, I spent some time thinking about this and re-designing and I have what I think is workable now.

I'll post up some pictures of that in a minute.

In the trunk of my car, there are a lot of "cubbies" created by the metal work...so I decided to fill those with some rigid insulation.

This is right behind the back seat..there i sone of these on each side

0912161906_HDR_zpsdofr6q0d.jpg

Filled it for absorption...

0912161920a_zpsignmjs8a.jpg

0912161920_zpsfu6o6bc9.jpg

Posted

Stuffed the sealed boxes with some acousta stuff I had laying around

1003161254_HDR_zpszkxvlspv.jpg

and installed the subs....

1003161329_zpsz0bdyqih.jpg

Its all a tight fit....the trim baffle piece on the front is just barely big enough to fit the sub and the outer rubber trim...it fit perfect and easily when putting the sub in with the box outside the car and box opening facing up...it got real difficult installing from the front...had to use my rubber mallet to convince the rubber trim to get in place....I was mad furious with this build again...but got it done.

Posted

Back to the fix for being able to access the battery...just in case...

I decided to use a window that extends all the way from the finished floor down to the battery.

Here is step one...the floor where the amps will be installed, it has a cutout window to allow access to battery to be able to disconnect in case a service tech needs to.

1010161821_zpsadmnhsit.jpg

1010161821a_zpsebpcnaij.jpg

Posted

I had originally had this idea to put an additional flat shelf area right around the battery....It became an important part of the overall wiring strategy...this area will house the OEM integration JL Audio Cleansweep, plus the fuses for the amps and all the power and ground cables...

1012161744_zps8fi4y154.jpg

I didnt want this wood piece (its actually 2 pieces to fit in) rattling around so I used some 1/2" pipe insulation to wrap the sides

1012161733_zps6rpadyml.jpg

All put together again....

1012161754_zpsoe3cadmj.jpg

Then I channeled my inner Mark from CAF and created a template and used my double sided tape to do some router work for some cutouts for the power and ground to drop down through...

1014161235_zpspvwaxqog.jpg

And ended on this layout...there are some reference pencil outlines of where the amps will go.

1014161846_zpsweiwkhb3.jpg

I spent this past weekend getting the additional wires sorted...routed the remote wires to the relay switch and the extra power wires for the active xovers. Still need to connect the switched 12v to the Cleansweep, then it provides the remote out to the relay, which then provides same remote out to amps.

I'll have some more to post soon.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 899 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...