Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I have this 98 Isuzu Rodeo I am wanting to put a system in, I plan on getting the Power Acoustik 10k (which has been tested to do a full 5krms at 1/2 ohm) So I would like to see peoples opinions on what subs I should run for the money and get the most out of that amp as possible. This isnt really a full on budget build but would like to stay within reason of what I would like to pay. Options for subs would be either 2 Beefy 15's or 18's or 4 lower end 15's or 12's. Price range for the subs would be $600-$800.

Much Appreciated ahead of time!

Posted

To be honest I would rethink your amp plans

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

Posted

Reasons?
I know PA isnt very good and all that but it ran stable on a bench test, and 300 for 5k is a hell of a steal, unless you're thinking the guts are gonna burn up.

Well then lets change everything up here. For the price of $1000 what would some of you do for subs and and amp(s)

Posted

Any amp that has there power rating in max watts is not good. . Also even if it did 5k it only put single inputs which is dumb. I just think you will be disappointed. . ALOT of people have had problems with that brand .. you even said there not vary good so why not get a quality amp

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

Posted

And if your not planning on getting an alt and batts I wouldnt be looking into running 5k + rms

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

Posted

Loud is perspective, with enough knowledge and experience you can get loud with only 500w, but most just throw a shit ton of power to some subs and eventually blow em up, cause they can't even understand the basics of clipping and distortion.

Quality goes a long way in more ways than one.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

This I know for sure, you can make an 8 sound like a 15 with the right box. Im no professional thats for sure but I grew up in the Comp. scene so I know a thing or two from my peers about good box designs and how to set gains correctly. Im definitely not one of those ones to set the gains to max just because it says it can go there. lol
Ive looked into the Sound Q, Soundstream, American Bass, Sundown, PSI, AA, and I really like the SSA but they are a little out of my price range. I have used American Bass, PA, PB, Audiobahn, and a couple other brands for subs in the past. I was impressed the the Power Bass 2xl and was thinking about the 3xl's but I don't know anyone personally who has used them.

Posted

If your not gonna put money into good electrical I would do 2 12's and like 1.5k amp otherwise your 5k system will just be wasted , I would save up more and just buy the good shit the first time .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5348 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...