Mids and Highs for Chevy S10 EXT

Tax

So I'm building a decent setup.

1 Sundown X15

1 Sundown SCV 2k

DC 370 Amp Alt

Sky High 1/0

XS Power Batteries

But where I'm stuck is Mids and high. Is it worth it to do away with the dash speakers and glass another spot for another set of 6.5 in the doors? Do they even make loud 4x6?

I have a Phoenix Gold RX400.4 I want to use.

What headunit do you have? If it is active capable, then 4 channel active is easy to get set up. Hard to get tuned in but easy to set up.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Choose wisely with some of the baskets if you go with 6.5". I had to cut out the molded plastic speaker grills from the door panels, routed some 1/2" speaker spacers, just to mount my Infinity Perfect 6.1 woofers. Once set that fits perfectly were the Rockford Fosgate T2 component 6.5" drivers. They were able to fit under the stock door panels. Just a thought!!

-Frank

What year s10 do you have? From the original question it sounds like a first gen. If so I also have a first gen... actually I currently own my 3rd first gen s10. I had a second gen for about 6 months as well. The cheap stock 6.5s in the doors of the second gen sounded better than any setup I had in the dash of any of my first gen s10s. I am going to try q-form kick panels this time. Most people are happy with them, and seem to be worth the $200 they charge.

As far as active vs passive...I will be keeping it simple with a passive system. I don't think I would be able to hear the difference, so I want to keep it simple.

So I ran into an issue today with the amp. I got the SA-6.5CS v.2 Components but the amp crossover only goes from 40hz-400hz it has the option for LPF-Flat-HPF do I leave it at flat and let the passive crossovers do the work? Or will this not work.

Archived