Looking for some repair advice.

If u only plan on keeping it a couple more years why do anything if there are know issues but it will help resale if this gets done. But if u are only gonna keep it 2 more years I wouldn't do shit . Looks like a lot of highway miles for over 100k for an 09. In about 2 more years it will be worth about 2 grand with the miles u put on.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Of I'm already what do you call it? Default? I owe more than I can get on the beat day of the year. I owe for atleast 2-3 years tho. It'll get run into the ground tho if I sell it to someone in my family. So idk what to do.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

Get an oem timing kit from the dealership,

Other than that I've had good luck with the gates timing kits.

If you trust your guy and he does good work and will stand behind his work let him do it if he knows how,

That license is meaningless to me, I know plenty of shit mechanics that are licensed and plenty of great ones who arent,

It's not hard at all to get those license's.

Another thing is lots of times the guy working on your car at a shop isn't licensed, here in MI there only has to be one licensed person in the shop for the work to be done but they don't actually have to be the one doing the work, they are supposed to inspect the work but usually dont.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Broke audio is right I'm a master tech and because of me my shop can advertise that and I'm not working on every car that comes in.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

It's still up to u on the repairs if your gonna keep the car I would do the maintenance if not don't waste your money.

I will or my dad will buy the car or take over payment if I decide to upgrade. But picking my car up from the dealership should I get the timing belt kit while I'm there? Anything else I should get it just do local part store stuff from there? I'd like a gates belt but can't find them around here. The one I have has a knurled texture and diagonal stripes on it. Knurled on idle side striped across the grooved side.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers