tweeters wont fit! safe to mix and match?

akuma4u

so you are basically going to mimic a normal component set right? a crossover with an input from the amp and 2 outputs, a mid and tweeter output?

ummm it goes like this

from 4 chan amp to mids to crossover to tweeters.

so you are basically going to mimic a normal component set right? a crossover with an input from the amp and 2 outputs, a mid and tweeter output?

but yes im trying to build my own component set using the crescendo 6.5 mids .. the freq response on the mids is 70hz-5000hz

ummm it goes like this

so the crossover won't affect the mids, only the tweeters correct?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

ummm it goes like this

so the crossover won't affect the mids, only the tweeters correct?

now youre cooking with gas!!! (that means Yes you are correct)

Just because the freq response of the mids goes up to 5k, doesn't mean they will sound good that high. Might want a tweeter that comes on a little sooner, like 3k for better blending. Just an idea.

Also, if you are cutting a bit to fit the mids, why can you trim some to fit the tweeters?

Just because the freq response of the mids goes up to 5k, doesn't mean they will sound good that high. Might want a tweeter that comes on a little sooner, like 3k for better blending. Just an idea.

Also, if you are cutting a bit to fit the mids, why can you trim some to fit the tweeters?

i understand what you are saying however, even tho crescendos cust service may suck ass they know what they are doing in terms of product and they know exactly what their speakers can handle and what they cant. On the box for the mids it says usable freq 70-5000hz, at first i ignored it and tried to dip under those numbers and instant distortion, but when im above or around those numbers they work like a charm

also i said 5000hz or around there in one of my posts,.. 3000hz is fine too if the tweets can pick up from 3k and upwards i got no problem with that.

so - maybe u can help me with some suggestions for crossovers and tweeters?

also regarding the fitment. For the mids a very small amount of plastic had to be cut on the inside of the door where the speaker actually mounts but for these tweeters they are TOO thick and there is nothing but metal and the actual plastic from the door which is angled .. it wouldnt work. We debated it but since its angled on the door it wouldnt work and also i dont want to cut plastic fro the actual door on a nice car...

i just need tweeters that are 3 inches or under

just realized - can i keep the same crossovers that crescendo gave me 5000hz 8ohm and just not use their huge tweeters and instead get tweeters that fit that are 8ohms?

would that work?

crescendo mids to crescendo crossover to another brand tweeter.

is this safe to do?

Archived