AMD RX 480

Anyone going to get one?

My old 6870 is tiring and ready for a replacement, so i'm certainly considering on getting one.

I tried looking it up but can't seem to find it. If it's board is fiji do not get it. I have 2 r9 290's that are FIJI and they run so fucking hot it's ridiculous. Most games run them between 70-90c+. My computer room get's about 10-15F hotter than any other room in my house just because of those cards.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yeah I seen they weren't even out yet. I really like AMD, but I just can't stand their heat. I will gladly pay the bit extra to get a nvidia card just so I can sit comfortably while gaming. I sweat when i game in the summer lol

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

looks good and want to go try AMD but really not looking to sweat more than I do while gaming... lol

I think I'll shoot for a 1070 and call it a day....

Yeah I seen they weren't even out yet. I really like AMD, but I just can't stand their heat. I will gladly pay the bit extra to get a nvidia card just so I can sit comfortably while gaming. I sweat when i game in the summer lol

one of my kids has a 270 and the other has a 660 iirc, the 270's fans run full throttle all the damn time. lol

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I thought temps were supposed to be significantly lower on these? I'd wait for them to hit the market and get some real reports before deciding.

you're right about that being the goal... but likelihood is that Nvidia still on top with temps... plus for me all will be an upgrade... unless AMD releases at $100 below or more I'm sticking with the green guy

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

RX 480 is targeting about 100-120w gaming load it looks like. Stock cooler sucks from what I can tell so it might run a bit warm but at least it wont be 300w+.

I'll be getting one to replace my backup 7950 (move it to secondary pc).

If you want lower temps use a card with a better cooler, most AIB's will be releasing cards with custom coolers so you dont have run the stock cooler at ~60-70c (im guessing thats near what stock will run on average, some probably a bit more depending on case setup).

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived