Jump to content

help choosing 6.5 components and 4 channel amp


Emilio Tizzone

Recommended Posts

Posted

im not real sure the difference between a 4 channel class d and a 4 channel class b besides the d is more efficient.

the nvx jad800.4 is rated at 125x 4 into 4 ohms per channel and 200x4 into 2 ohms per channel. sonic electronix certifies it at 175x4 @ 4 ohms and 297x4@ 2 ohms.

prolly be good power for you, now the specifics of class d for full 20-20k I'm unsure of, have heard mutterings about the sound quality is not as good, would be cool if somone else could chime in that knows about that

I went from a class a/b Infinity 4 channel to class d nvx and didn't notice anything besides the large power increase and the smaller footprint of class d

Kenwood excelon ddx795

 3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

                              3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

 

Posted

Two reasons I went with the 165 over the XL. 1. Mounting depth is a little over a 1/4 inchannel deeper which would be pushing it and might not have fit well for me. 2. Price was nearly double, so not exactly worth the minor sound differences.

I went with the t400-2 because it matches my sub amp t15001bdcp. Birth sheet rated at 145×2 @ 4ohm.

I barely got my 165 to fit in my factory spot but the headache was worth it, they sound really nice.

Posted

Two reasons I went with the 165 over the XL. 1. Mounting depth is a little over a 1/4 inchannel deeper which would be pushing it and might not have fit well for me. 2. Price was nearly double, so not exactly worth the minor sound differences.

I went with the t400-2 because it matches my sub amp t15001bdcp. Birth sheet rated at 145×2 @ 4ohm.

I barely got my 165 to fit in my factory spot but the headache was worth it, they sound really nice.

I have the T400-2 running 4 T26.5 up front and its a solid amp. Glad your speaker choice turned out good.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

I have 2 picks on Components, which one to go for in terms of SQ, Loudness, Power ? HELP PLEASE

- Hertz HSK 165 components

- Hertz HSK-165XL components

The only difference is the XL will play alittle lower, so you wont notice any difference otherwise.

Posted

I run the Hertz XL 6.5 and the Hertz Mille 3 inch mids here. No issue with power at all. Great speakers and quality sq sound.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1051 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...