Second Skin Audio

stereo integrity DS4 ?????

Bayuk89

This is the ball park idea what the app gave me for my current setup, obviously not as good as a term lab but it givea me time to play with specs on box building and tuning.

Screenshot_2016-07-03-15-58-30.png

Screenshot_2016-07-03-15-59-36.png

Screenshot_2016-07-03-15-59-06.png

I would say its a VERY BASIC program of bass box pro and other programs like it.

The majority of that stuff on that graph is useless, unless it has your specific vehicle that you can load into it and know its shape and size.

If thats the case Im done using programs I spent several hundred for when I can just DL something on my phone for free. LOL

You cant clamp an amplifier, I mean you can but it is not accurate and often times will read several 100 watts more than what you are actually getting, and if you have no way to verify that the amp is putting out clean power when you clamp it you can essentially make a 400 watt rms amp say 1100 watts when you clamp it. It will be distorted and clipped to hell and back but it will be 1100 watts. All knobs to the right will do the trick just fine! A DMM and Clamp meter have no idea if its clean or not. So you would need to have a dd-1 or oscilloscope hooked up for the most possible accurate clamp numbers and like I said, it would still be more power clamped than actual power.

Also chances are this box with these woofers are WAY different than the last time you clamped the amp.

If you where to put that rockville amp on the ad-1 at a 4 ohm dynamic test that would be more realistic to the power you are getting from the amp.

The 1 ohm dynamic test is nothing to go off of since there is impedance rise and even though that amp is wired at 1ohm, it will most likely never see 1 ohm when the woofer is moving.

BBP6 would be more trustworthy than some app imo, and I hear you can find it free. Sadly I had to pay for it. WinISD is also a good program, along with Hornresp (but thats for a different kind of box all together).

Not trying to hate at all, just trying to make it clear that your not getting as much power as you think you are.

No joke people that bought amm-1s and dont understand impedance rise use the amm-1 and think its broke because their 2000 watt rms amp is only making 400watts.. LOL

For reference I ran 2 SA-12s off a Sundown SAZ-4500D at 1ohm in the trunk of my car for a while in a 4th order bandpass.

Woofers took it fairly well, until I blew them on purpose to turn into 18s.

Agreed i need a bigger amp....i wasnt trying to justify my app i was using, just showing what it said and why i made the comments i did based on my resources and what i thought. i learned there is the generic spit ball way and the correct and proper way.

Glade to have help from broke audio addict and audiofanaticz to give the education and understanding of how it really works.

audio legion 3500

Twisted sounds 2.8k

synergy WFO35.1D

American bass VFL 150.1

I believe the amps listed are all under $600 i could save up and buy.... to make this not a verse battle, if you feel like helping me in the right direction, you can PM with your experience or opinions... i appricate all help, currently DONT have the electrical to support a 3k amp but have been in contact with very well known builder who can build me a 240 amp HO for a price i can afford. Would prolly throw in a third or forth deka aswell with the HO ALT..

Archived