Jump to content

1968 Pontiac Firebird Convertible Build


Recommended Posts

Posted

Just got my heads and crank back from the machine shop, trying to put it back together asap while its still convertible weather.

Not much interest in full resto on here i see.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Posted

Just saw this thread. Loving it. Been a F-body forever- had a 93 Z28 ans still have a 96 Trans Am. Also work in the auto body industry- so I love the panel replacements.

01 Suburban Z71 - 5.3L - Black - 6" Lift on 35's - Pioneer H/U - Kicker Mids, 8" Polk sub.

Past rides-

07 Avalanche - Sunburst Orange - 4/6 Drop - Pioneer AVH-X5600 - 2/0 Royal Excelene - T/M fuse blocks - Stock and Singer 350 Alts - 4 Kinetik 1800 - Crecsendo BC5500 & S800.4 amps - 2 Tantric HDD 18's.- RE XXX 6.5 comps

01 Grand Vitara - V6 - 4x4 - Pioneer H/U - Incriminator 6.5 Comps - SSA XCON 18 - Skar 1500.1 & 84.4 amps - Singer 160 Alternator - Optima Yellow top..

Posted

Just got my heads and crank back from the machine shop, trying to put it back together asap while its still convertible weather.

Not much interest in full resto on here i see.

I'm watching with interest.

Static drops are my bag.

Posted

I'm pretty sure if you said you were walling it this thread would blow up!

Posted

Wall a convertible. Dam ive heard it all. I had my fair share of car audio builds when i competed and ive done builds for a few friends. I still have love for car audio, but these cars is where my heart is. The knowledge ive gotten through the years of welding , metal fab. Plexi and fiberglass experimenting. I can build anything these days.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Posted

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn, you do some amazing work bro. Keep the pics coming. I dont envy the work going into this thing but I sure wish I had it once done, LOL

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

Definetly, im getting excited. Going to be putting my motor back together this week. Found a deal on a rebuilt th400. Hope to be picking it up soon. Paint and body are next after it runs and drives down the street. Mayfair maize yellow is factory color so ill be going with that. White convertible too which ive already purchased. Black dash, black carpet. White seats ( houndstooth ) if i can find them and white door panels. A very tasteful look for the bird. A little more ordinary than black, red, blue or white green. Which is the only colors ive seen in person

Ive only been building this car for a little under a year. I did the back half on my nova and front suspension prior to building this. 200+ hrs on each car. With some help from pops who is about to touch 62 yrs. His 68 camaro 4 speed is next in line to get some cool shit as well. Ill try and make a build log for that as well if i see lots of interest.

Dont talk about it, be about it.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1336 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...