Carnines Posted July 21, 2016 Report Posted July 21, 2016 Just finished building everything. All fans are spinning and the computer makes normal start up noises. The issue is, I am not getting any signal to the monitor... what can I do?
DLHgn Posted July 21, 2016 Report Posted July 21, 2016 Check all connections between monitor and computer/wall and, if you have a graphics card, make sure it is seated all the way.
hifonix Posted July 21, 2016 Report Posted July 21, 2016 Do you get any display at any point? Can you see the POST? Check bios and make sure your video card is selected correctly or that onboard video is turned off/on. Under Construction
bsneon98 Posted July 21, 2016 Report Posted July 21, 2016 Also there may be a socket on the board for a 4 pin power plug which may prevent you from posting. Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152954-1998-plymouth-neon-updates/
Carnines Posted July 21, 2016 Author Report Posted July 21, 2016 My psu came with 2 4 pin cpu connectors and I tried them both. I pushed in the graphics card as much s I could. I don't get display at any point.
Skullz Posted July 21, 2016 Report Posted July 21, 2016 Make sure your monitor is set to the type of connection your using, HDMI, DVI or DP. What type of connection are you using to connect to the monitor? Try another cable if you have one and see if that solves the problem. Try another video card if you happen to have one if switching cables does nothing. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
bsneon98 Posted July 21, 2016 Report Posted July 21, 2016 Also if you are using a video card try it with just the onboard motherboard display ports.If that yields results your card may have driver or compatibility issues. Does the hard drive have an OS or is it Brand new also? Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152954-1998-plymouth-neon-updates/
Carnines Posted July 21, 2016 Author Report Posted July 21, 2016 I didn't have the monitor hooked to the gpu.. could that be the issue? I don't have a dvi cable to hook the monitor to gpu so I can't try that.
bsneon98 Posted July 21, 2016 Report Posted July 21, 2016 That could be. Do you have a way to test hdmi with a TV maybe? Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152954-1998-plymouth-neon-updates/
Carnines Posted July 21, 2016 Author Report Posted July 21, 2016 Nope. My graphics card is the gtx 970 and has dual inputs for monitor cables. Would that be the end for the female side of the dvi cable?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.