Sundown Audio

twisted sounds 2.8k came in !!!

Bayuk89

I will play with snowdrifters -2.5 track tomorrow and see how my voltage is and how the subs play and smell....

Even with a 0 or -2.5 tune my SA-18's are getting alot more power then what my rockville was putting on them.

I mean you cant fault him for taking it easy on the gain when he has enough power to pop the woofers, and electrical setup that is not up to par for the amp.

IMO he is making the right decision by having a low gain setting until he gets more upgrades to the electrical system. Unlike some people that blew their woofers in 5 days because they came DOA...............

Lol

I'm with ya. But 0db. You may as well just have the gain off/all down. If he sets clean at 0db and doesn't post he moved up "a bit" I'd be surprised.

That said. Hopefully no one including the op received dead drivers to start ;)

I mean you cant fault him for taking it easy on the gain when he has enough power to pop the woofers, and electrical setup that is not up to par for the amp.

IMO he is making the right decision by having a low gain setting until he gets more upgrades to the electrical system. Unlike some people that blew their woofers in 5 days because they came DOA...............

Lol

I'm with ya. But 0db. You may as well just have the gain off/all down. If he sets clean at 0db and doesn't post he moved up "a bit" I'd be surprised.

That said. Hopefully no one including the op received dead drivers to start ;)

^^^^^ im the OP, audiofanaticz was talking about someone blowing their subs in 5 days not me, ive had my SA-18's for months...

Only reason why i was making the statement of keeping it at 0 dB because i dont have the electrical to feed it with what it needs as my voltage dipped to 12 volts even @ -5 db (on one particular modified song)

also this amp makes well over 3000 watts and these SA's run well on 1k so regardless im over powering them... so in my theory, tuning 0 or -2.5 db it will "limit" the amps output till i get my electrical done up.. even still 0 or -2.5 db the amp will put out ALOT more power then what my rockville was putting out.

Kinda hard to judge if this is sarcasm ? " If he sets clean at 0db and doesn't post he moved up "a bit" I'd be surprised"

0 dB is a big decrease in power from -5. If you amp is putting out 3,000 watts at -5 dB and you retune to 0, its only going to be putting out less than a 1,000.

I think -2.5 dB is probably a reasonable place to be, but like others have said, its good to be erring on the side of caution.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Idk what the amp puts out at 0, -2.5, -5, -7.5, -10 with out clamping it. I understand your philosophy behind the output behind -0 and -5, today im gonna tune -2.5 and see how my subs play. If they play well and i dont smell hot coil i will try -5 aswell..... i could do as kyblack suggested and tune -5db and just click down a few on my sub out on the HU so i always have power on tap when i need it. Ahhh its gonna be a test and tune day

Test and tune is the fun part. Those subs should loosen up some more from the increased power. I would tune for -5 and then not play at max volume until I'm comfortable with it. I would then occasionally bang it hard for short periods on different songs just to get an idea of what the capabilities are but that's just me. Just watch the voltage and you should be fine. I now have my eye on one of these amps. lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

^^^ besides my audison this the second "quality" amp ive ever had. Ive been in the audio world for about a year. I tuned to -2.5 with snow drifter custom tracks, gotta drive a mile or two out to demo. If it handles it well and my voltage stays above 12.5 i will try -5 dB. I dont dont always play full tilt, usually 3/4 volume so if i go full tilt i want to make sure my amp and subs are safe.

Where did you order the amp from? I did a quick search and can't find anyone who has it in stock.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I ordered last saturday from droppin hz and they had it in stock. Took about 4 days to get from north dakota to texas. I called them to confirm my order and they answered right away. $599 shipped ! If you qualify they do offer financing through third party but financing isnt right for everyone. Obviously if you finance you will be paying MORE than $599 due to intrest which could be as high as 30% !

If you have to finance something that's in the hundreds of dollars you should probably rethink your priorities.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived