Second Skin Audio

do i have room for a 4th order ??

Bayuk89

tmp_13159-20160331_185702-444040526.jpg

I have two SA-18's in a 10.5f^3 box with 127" of port tuned to 32 hz

bryan chamberlain @ sundown said my current box is too big especially since im over powering them (TS 2.8k) he said the SA-18 should be built to Zv3 18 specs of 4 cubes (each) with 64" of port and tune no lower than 32 hz.... (4.25 cubes max he said) the sub design wasnt intended for lows and is more of a "jack of all trades" sub

So im thinking... If i WERE to build a new box, maybe a 4th order will give me the low bandwidth i want and can handle the power more ?

Max width 60" depth 22" and heigth maybe 30" (so i can half ass see out my back window)

So what do you think ? Do i have enough room for a 4th order ? If not should i just keep the box i have ? I just want to play 25-60hz with some authority and move some air.

Should i just be happy with what i have and let the dog be ? Not looking to buy new subs (just yet) i wanna make the BEST with what i have right now....

4.25cuft + 4.25cuft = 9.5cuft.

64" + 64" = 128" of port area.

To me it seems to get to what he's suggesting all you'd need to do is take up some space inside your enclosure,

You could try that relatively easily to see if shrinking 1cuft or more males a difference.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I don't think that's enough space. I had a 4th order designed for 2 sa15 . And it took up the whole ext cab of my truck

Yea i didnt think so either but i thought i would ask anyway.... doing a blow through is not an option i wanna do in this truck

4.25cuft + 4.25cuft = 9.5cuft.

64" + 64" = 128" of port area.

To me it seems to get to what he's suggesting all you'd need to do is take up some space inside your enclosure,

You could try that relatively easily to see if shrinking 1cuft or more males a difference.

I could i guess but it will raise my tuning way high and i would have to have a big external port added on to bring my tuning back down...

Wall it. lol Or maybe a blow through?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Maybe in the future if i build a new box i will use aero ports..... would one 8" concrete former tube be enough port ? Worst thing that could happen is i build a new box and i dont like the bandwith or output and i waste $100 in material.....

Wall it. lol Or maybe a blow through?

I have a full size 2nd gen dodge, 8-9 cubes will be a small wall. My current box is 10.5 and below the window line

Blow through is not an option i wanna do in this truck..... if i had and extended cab ranger or s-10 i would :)

Archived