Second Skin Audio

Box Wrapping?

Unfortunately, as much as everyone wants to see me do the 6 15s. It is probably not going to happen. I have to come up with 2k for the truck (my dad is matchin 2k for every 1k I come up with!), 6 k for next 2 semesters of school (LSU CAN BITE ME), and 3k to START on my new system. All this summer. Because once I start school again I'll be dropping to less than 20 hrs a week working.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . . . . the point being I'll probably be using G-Monks glorious design (GOOD SHIT BTW!) and make my first attempt at a box build.

Good way to throw myself into it and all!

PIC:

8.png

Now the question!

What should I wrap this bad boy in? I would like to do vinyl but it's 2 chambers build separately. I think it has to be 2 pieces to get into the truck, so vinyl may not be an option. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?!

just vinyl the two separate boxes, put em and bolt them together inside the box. That seam will probably make it look a little cleaner looking...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Why fiberglass? Just make a 1/4 inch MDF trim panel...then you can cover that in vinyl or whatevs you want to do.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

any idea how much a nice lil fiberglass faceplate would run me?

to make or for you to make and cost on materials? think Id agree with sean on this one. You could do a glass one, but its gonna cost alot more than a MDF trim panel either way.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

to make or for you to make and cost on materials? think Id agree with sean on this one. You could do a glass one, but its gonna cost alot more than a MDF trim panel either way.

just trying to weigh my options. cost vs. pleasure lol

if you are unable to do it yourself, fiberglass gets very expensive. it is not worth the money if you ask me, a nice clean trim panel seems basic but it looks good. If you are on a limited budget, keep it simple and go all out on quality equipment. Box building is simple if you have good tools and basic woodworking skills, if you were a little closer I would give you a hand but I'm outside Dallas (unless you are down for a road trip)

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

i'm going to build the box that's for sure. i want to at least be able to say i did that much. I have a local shop that can pretty much do whatever I want box cover wise. They did an excellent job on the vinyl for my current box. I'll go consult with them tomorrow and see what they think.