File types

If your not already downloading the songs as flac, lossless, or wma lossless, etc there is no real point.

You can buy music in said formats, but if its music you already have, its going to to nothing special for ya.

These lossless audio files will be about 24+mb in size each as well, and can get very big.

Downsampling (iirc that is the correct term which means the opposite of what it is) a lower quality file size to a higher quality size will do nothing.

When the audio is already compressed in say 320kbps there is no way to automatically restore what was compressed really and make it something that is 700kbps.

I mean you can do it, but all you will really be doing is increasing the size of the file while it remains the same.

So I'm better off just buying the sheffield labs cds rather than downloading them and buying the fiio player?

yup

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

it's not a bad player. It won't do DSD music, but most high res will sound great. In audiophile world, it's best to stay as close to the original source as you can. mp3s will sound okay, but lossless and high res music will be so much better. also try hdtracks.com

2007 Pacifica

CDs are good, but are only 16 bit files, meaning they only have so much detail. you can get high res music that the fiio will play natively (better than your 80prs) that are 24 bit flac. use an aux cord to your 80prs for the best quality.

2007 Pacifica

hdtracks.com is my go to.

get the best flac files they have for your album. 24bit 96khz flac is good. 192khz is better, but harder to find. dont know if you will tell a difference between 96khz and 192khz, but if you can't tell the difference between 16 bit and 24 bit you should just go back to 8 track tapes.

2007 Pacifica

If you already have the CD's then just burn them onto your drive in wav. format and use them that way as they'll be as close to the original as possible, and when you download you can see which format is high definition enough to get. As was said that when you go to high def the files can get large and eat your drive space up really quick, so make sure you have enough drive space to hold your library.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I don't have any music in any library besides goggle music.

I'm not good with computers and I don't know how to get music from cds to a computer. I need to get someone to do it for me if I end up going that route

Archived