Sonic Electronix

So my Titan has a sliding rear glass windshield that I don't want rattling when I get my subs in. What can I do to prevent the rattling?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-2004-2015-Nissan-Titan-Rear-Back-Window-Glass-Stationary-/201308273980?fits=Make%3ANissan%7CModel%3ATitan&hash=item2edee87d3c:g:PxMAAOSwPhdVEZMU&vxp=mtr

I found this stationary window, but I don't know if that is a good idea.

I called a glass company, and they told me I would have go to a Nissan dealer and spend 400 on a stationary window.

Advice please.

I don't see why you'd have to go to a dealer,

If that glass fits right I see no issue using it.

You ever plan on selling the truck?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Stop by a glass shop and talk to them, so they actually see the truck. If you take it to the dealer, they just call a glass company to come out and do it anyway. Few car dealers replace glass themselves (unless its a mechanical connection).

The pain in the ass would be taking out the old one. Those sliders are usually encased in a plastic frame, and sometimes the frame is bolted and/or has metal or plastic tabs through the pinchweld (toyota did this with the newer tacomas, but Im not sure if nissan did it). Is it a power slider? If so, the electrical connections and motor are probably mounted to the back wall behind the seats, which is just more labor to take it all out.

Also, if its power, usually they tend to not rattle as much since they are on a track attached to the motor.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Just wall it and you won't have to worry about the window, lol.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Just wall it and you won't have to worry about the window, lol.

Nahhhhhhh I like being able to look out the rear

That's what backup cameras are for. But honestly, you should install the system before worrying about rattles that may not even exist. I saw a Titan with 4x RE XXX 15's in a blow through 4th, and the back window wasn't really an issue. It's really the roof you'll be more worried about, that thing is super flimsy in those rigs.

Archived