fusing duel power and ground inputs

I know how to properly fuse wires for single inputs, thats not an issue for me. But if using a duel input adapter, your spliting the current travel between two wires instead of one. I figured with one power run of 2/0 welding cable i would fuse 300 amps, but runing two 2/0 welding cable runs to the reducer, to keep the same 300 amp fuse rating, you would have a 150 amp fuse on each 2/0 run to the reducers.... hope this is more clear to anyone confused, sometimes i have a hard time putting down what im thinking in my head lol

its just an old argument about fusing non fused amps. i fuse for what the manufacture says to and make sure the wire can handle that much current.

^^^^ right but if the manufacture calls for a 300 amp fuse to protect the amp with a single power input, if using a duel input adapter your runing two wires instead of one, so do you split that 300 amp fuse rating between two wires then ? Since the current is being shared along two wires until it hits the adapter installed on the amp... i guess this question is too difficult to answer, just though someone here runs duel input adapters and could say "if your amp calls for a 300 amp fuse for a single power run, if you do two runs you split that 300 amp fuse rating in half to 150 on each wire so you still have a potential of 300 amps of fuse the amp will have"

You got pm,

Like I said I'm not getting in to the argument that will happen here, I already know the outcome of it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Ran duals on every board I've ran. Never fused that run (s) never in my life have I fused a amp run.

Now a real shit storm can fly.

Haha ^^^^ i hear ALOT of people dont fuse, they say "if you run your wires right, you wont need to fuse cuz nothing will short out the wire"

I fire back and tell them, ok well if your amp, battery or ALT internally shorts out whats gonna protect your equipment ? They say "wire cutters and a fire extingusher"

I fuse for my equipment and make sure my wires can handle the current, everyone has their "own way" but if fusing wasnt important, engineers wouldnt recommend them IMO.

Im not right and your not wrong, we all have our own way.

Inb4 the fuse is only to protect the wire so use what ever the wire is rated for.

fuk you, you fuse for the wire!!

Really though, you fuse for the wire, or at least you fuse for what the wire can handle, never over it. Fuse under it if needed, in which case you're correct. 150A a side.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

^^^^ ahhh be nice !

I got my answer, thank you guys for your input. Some of fuse for the wire, some fuse for the equipment ( i fuse for my equipment and install proper wire to support the potential demand ) and some dont fuse at all. We all have our own way that works for us and i get to hear peoples experiences and opinions.

^^^^ ahhh be nice !

I got my answer, thank you guys for your input. Some of fuse for the wire, some fuse for the equipment ( i fuse for my equipment and install proper wire to support the potential demand ) and some dont fuse at all. We all have our own way that works for us and i get to hear peoples experiences and opinions.

pretty sure that is what i said. I may have not worded it right.

Archived