fusing duel power and ground inputs

Ran duals on every board I've ran. Never fused that run (s) never in my life have I fused a amp run.

Now a real shit storm can fly.

Haha ^^^^ i hear ALOT of people dont fuse, they say "if you run your wires right, you wont need to fuse cuz nothing will short out the wire"

I fire back and tell them, ok well if your amp, battery or ALT internally shorts out whats gonna protect your equipment ? They say "wire cutters and a fire extingusher"

I fuse for my equipment and make sure my wires can handle the current, everyone has their "own way" but if fusing wasnt important, engineers wouldnt recommend them IMO.

Im not right and your not wrong, we all have our own way.

just to be a cock,.. ill tell you now, a battery "shorting out" or a alt interally shorts, amperage wont go UP to blow any fuse. Voltage may. But fuses dont blow from voltage.

Just saying. What engineer says to fuse ?

The people that sell amps, recommend a external fuse, so people dont burn their car down. If you had a run the length of your car, id say fuse it. Still, Not for gear protection. If the amp goes, .... its gone if theres a fuse or not. Again, just sayin. But, put a 125 or 150 on each run, if thats your bag, and be done.

Let the shit storm commence.

i just cant bring myself to say not to fuse. even though i dont, just feels wrong saying not to.

a 2 foot run, from battery bank to fuse.... meh.. why?

ohhhhhh, i know why we are, for psyclone points.... :)

If a amp takes a shit, and your fused, ya, you might not smell as much solder... but who cares, your sending it back, regaurdless.

Waits for "but the damage wont be as bad"... who cares, your sending it to be repaired. And it will be a flat rate cost 99 percent of the time. Again, if you have a 10 foot run from bat to amp, sure... but a 2 or 4 foot run, IN NO DANGER what so ever of getting "pinched, or going to ground some how"....... meh....

anywho... put a 150 on each run of the dual or duel, and be done.....

i just cant bring myself to say not to fuse. even though i dont, just feels wrong saying not to.

a 2 foot run, from battery bank to fuse.... meh.. why?

ohhhhhh, i know why we are, for psyclone points.... :)

If a amp takes a shit, and your fused, ya, you might not smell as much solder... but who cares, your sending it back, regaurdless.

Waits for "but the damage wont be as bad"... who cares, your sending it to be repaired. And it will be a flat rate cost 99 percent of the time. Again, if you have a 10 foot run from bat to amp, sure... but a 2 or 4 foot run, IN NO DANGER what so ever of getting "pinched, or going to ground some how"....... meh....

anywho... put a 150 on each run of the dual or duel, and be done.....

I know you see the same shit installs get posted on here that I do,

And I know you know they should use some damn fuses, lol.

If the amp is fucked it's fucked regardless of the fusing choice, I agree,

But without a fuse well fire is a real possibility.

An amp can go bad and draw a ton of current and heat the wire up to the point of possibly catching on fire too.

Saying to use a fuse protects them from any liability if it does go up in flames and you weren't using one.

Also let's be honest, the vast majority of people who do their own installs (hell even a lot of shops) do shit work and should fuse everything they install, period.

I've seen some really sketchy shit in everyday life and on the forums as far as wiring goes, and I'm sure you have too.

It's amazing how some of them haven't burned their car to the ground.

I don't care what you fuse at, I'm not going to even debate that choice but use a damn fuse, even on a short run.

Take this as an example of the shit I see on the regular while I work on people's cars,

This rolled into my shop a few weeks back.

There was a damn nail wedged in the power wire to make it stay in the ring terminal.

Fuse box just loose and slapping around, battery wedged against and eating into the coil packs, coolant overflow unbolted and shoved over to the point that the pulleys ate right through it.

I assume the trunk wiring was just as bad.

The customer told me he didn't even have anything back there anymore because the amp went up in smoke, no doubt.

TPV3NTO.jpg

3U4I2ZP.jpg

I've seen shops do work just as bad too.

But whatever, fuse, don't fuse, it isn't my ride or gear so I could care less what happens to it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I used to not fuse. Fried an expensive amp. Now I fuse every power line. To each their own.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived