Sundown Audio

Crescendo amp wont go out of protection mode

akuma4u

We already established that the amp was fried before gunnem suggested anything to you, he did not make you fry it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I know there was something already wrong. But it could have been minor. When i did what he told me i could have really made a minor issue into a huge one. But he didnt troll me so ita all good. It just sounded shady thats why i got a lil worried

ru kidding me dont u think I would be banned if I gave advice that would fry your amp?

you probably fried it from using your bass knob as a volume knob

I got my advice from a hifonics troubleshooting section years ago

best of luck to you

"4. If the amplifier is still in Protection mode after the above steps, remove all RCA’s and wires from the amplifier. Take a 12” length of speaker wire, trim the plastic off of each end exposing the wire. Now connect one end of the wire to the12V+ on the amplifier and connect the other to the Ground on the amplifier. You will have a brief spark indicating that the Capacitors have been discharged and the drivercard has been reset. Remove the jumper wire and reconnect your Power, Ground and Remote wires. Attempt to power the amplifier up like normal. In some cases this can Reset the amplifier if permanent damage has not previously been done."

http://assets.sonicelectronix.com/manuals/hifonics/brx24001d_manual.pdf

"using a bass knob as a volume knob"

isnt that the purpose of a bass knob??? i use it to fine tune (increase or decrease the amount/volume) the bass to the individual song.. for example dnb requires it to be dialed in towards the center because the basslines on dnb is usually under -5db or around there so its very loud naturally whereas other genres need it more towards full as their basslines are like -10 or even -15. I never touch the gain on the amp, that is set from day 1.

please explain how a bass knob can damage an amp and why i should get rid of it?

thank you

It sounded shady af to me but i did it anyways pls tell me u didnt make me fry my amp why would u do that

Ive never heard of that suggestion. But, your amp was toilet anyway. If you removed the load (speaker leads) and it live in protect, your hosed.

Time to send it in. Sorry mate.

It depends on the type of "bass knob" you are using,

Post a link to the knob in question.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

this is the bass knob i was using

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10092_EFX-RLC-by-Scosche.html

That is the only kind you want to use.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

this is the bass knob i was using

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10092_EFX-RLC-by-Scosche.html

That is the only kind you want to use.

ok so lets not blame that poor bass knob that was only doing its job..

i think crescendo fucked with me.. looking back at it i think i know what happened...

several months ago, they were sold out of most amps, and still are BTW, and i called in they answered and they told me they have the bc2000 BSTOCK and gave it to me for 50 bucks or so cheaper so i agreed

now i think.. that the amp they sold me had or has some issues already, refurbished or who knows what.. and since they were sold out they pushed it on me and i took it and less than a few months later - it went on me..

also they stopped accepting/returning all phone calls

also they didnt ship out the bassknob with it and ignored me for 2 months when i kept asking them to send me the bass knob and i had to file a paypal claim to get them to respond to me.

just stress and bad times from the start - i wish i chose sundown to be perfectly honest.

I mean that sounds about par for the course with crescendo's customer service,

Maybe you should look around the interwebs and research before you buy something.

This has been a constant issue with them since day 1 and plenty of people have complained about it on multiple forums

, I have no clue how they are still in business.

If it has a warranty on it good luck getting that handled.......

Archived