Meeting the big man himself

So I live in so cal. Right now I'm literally driving to Nor cal to go meet Steve Meade and hopefully get a demo. I've wanted to meet him since I was 16 and now I'm 26. I took vacation time, saved money to make this trip. 'My question is how should I go about this? I'm hopeing that I'll drive up his doors will be open and I can meet him. Do you think it'll be that easy? Should I try and message him? How should I got about this?

He posted a week or two ago and said he's really busy these days and prefers not to have people there because it interferes with his work.

You definitely need to get ahold of him first and not just show up randomly.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Hi Steve, my name is Ryan Gonzalez. Let me start by saying I've been following you since I was 16, and I am now 26. You have inspired me in so many different ways and have been a huge motivating factor in my life and for the past 10 years I've been trying to make a trip to meet you. And this year is the year. My girlfriend and I have been saving for 6 months and took our vacation time this weekend for a chance for me to meet you. Because of you my love for car audio is what it is and my loyalty to Rockford Fosgate and the SMD brand is one for a life time, literally written in ink on my skin. I'm writing you this at a hope that you will see this. I am currently 4 hours away from your shop. I ask that you please take 10 minutes from your day to meet me.

Archived