JoeJeep Posted August 21, 2016 Report Posted August 21, 2016 I just noticed that soundqubed now offers cut sheets for sealed and ported enclosures for all of their subs. If someone doesn't mind taking a minute to look at them and let me know if they are good or not. I plan on running a single HDC3.15 on 1200w, i can't afford upgrades for a 2000w amp right now. i tried getting enclosure designs from the forums but must be searching wrong. The subs been sitting in my room for a few months now and i just want to hear this thing already! thanks for any help (i couldn't figure out how to downsize the image sorry) http://www.soundqubed.com/15-Enclosures_ep_109.html
yurvalentine Posted August 21, 2016 Report Posted August 21, 2016 Manufacturer recommendations are usually a pretty safe bet
Karkov Posted August 21, 2016 Report Posted August 21, 2016 AMI customs has a thread on box sizes and such somewhere on this forum....can't find it right now but you should check it out 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Joe X Posted August 21, 2016 Report Posted August 21, 2016 That box is about 4 cubic feet net @36-37Hz with about 64 square inches of port area, it's basically what they recommend and I would be fine with for the HDC3, they use the port sideways like DD does probably to avoid a turn. So the box specs are ok but while it may be custom to the sub it will not be custom to the vehicle, also you have to ask yourself if you would do the same box for the HDS215 or the HDC415 or not.
JoeJeep Posted August 24, 2016 Author Report Posted August 24, 2016 Busy with work sorry for the delay. Joe X that's exactly what I was thinking. why would the box be the same size for 3 different woofers. I'm putting it in the back of my jeep cherokee do you think it would be alright? Also i thought if I adjusted the measurements proportionally as in take 3 inches away from the depth and add it to the width the volume will still be the same if that makes sense. Ideally I wanted the box to be something more within 42" w x 15"d x 15"w. Karkov I know what you're talking about, definitely looked at them before. The problem is i can't come up with a cut sheet or find plans with measurements to make one.The one from soundquebed is the closest I've come yet
ChevyBoy95 Posted August 24, 2016 Report Posted August 24, 2016 That box they posted will work well. Good port area, after disp it will be around 4 cubic ft, which soundqubed prefer bigger boxes than most 15's (generally 3-3.25). Looks fine to me. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
JoeJeep Posted August 27, 2016 Author Report Posted August 27, 2016 Thanks ChevyBoy95. I guess I'm gonna go with it. It's my very first box build so we'll see how it goes. Thanks again to all for the replies and advice.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.