Two sizes of midbass/midrange drivers needed?

06RTCharger

Before taking the plunge on something this big i would get some demo's from people that have done this before so you have an idea of what you need and how to do it.

You can get stupid loud on just a single comp set with a tweet and 6.5" and subs, so i really do not know where you are going with this.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Honestly not many people around here get this complex with systems, im in hawaii. I dont know anyone that is even deep into car audio, and i dont trust car audio shops here. Im not a fan of passive setups, waste of an amp in my opinion. If im going to pay good money for high rms amps, i dont want to waste any extra watts by letting a passive crossover disappate some of the power. Maybe its only a small amount lost but it just seems the wrong direction to go for me.

If i have an 8 and a tweeter, would adding a 6.5 increase sound reproduction? Brands???? Ever listened to or hear of Eminence??

I have 2 8s and a pair of horns. The midbass is strong and it will get loud enough to hurt you if you crank it up. Your idea sounds way too hard to pull off. I would simplify your idea a lot. You won't even need any speakers in the rear with solid door drivers.

You are asking how to do it right the first time all at once. I am not sure what your goal is. Loud? All the stuff you want to do will make it loud. if you want it to sound good then you need to find out what drivers compliment each other. A component set will be matched along with the crossover that will be tailored to the response of the drivers and will most likely have attenuation, eq, and phase correction built in. If one set isn't loud enough then maybe use 2 or 3 sets. Just putting stuff together won't guarantee anything. Do a search here of the different builds to get a better idea of how to execute a project of this magnitude. Or if you just want to put it all in and be loud, that's ok too. It just depends on what your goal is.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I have 2 8s and a pair of horns. The midbass is strong and it will get loud enough to hurt you if you crank it up. Your idea sounds way too hard to pull off. I would simplify your idea a lot. You won't even need any speakers in the rear with solid door drivers.

Theres already 3 speakers in the rear deck, Stock came with Two 6x9s and a 8. I just want to blow that shiz out the water with 4 10's. Itll fit easily. It wouldnt be for vocals too much, just strict midbass. My concern is the doors issue of including 6.5's to the 8's or not?? For full midrange frequency reproduction, can 6.5's hit midrange-highs more efficiently than 8's

You are asking how to do it right the first time all at once. I am not sure what your goal is. Loud? All the stuff you want to do will make it loud. if you want it to sound good then you need to find out what drivers compliment each other. A component set will be matched along with the crossover that will be tailored to the response of the drivers and will most likely have attenuation, eq, and phase correction built in. If one set isn't loud enough then maybe use 2 or 3 sets. Just putting stuff together won't guarantee anything. Do a search here of the different builds to get a better idea of how to execute a project of this magnitude. Or if you just want to put it all in and be loud, that's ok too. It just depends on what your goal is.

Comps is not at all something id do. Active is what im doing. Im going for loud, clear and full. I dont want one section of frequencies to drown out another section or frequencies. I want BALANCE of sound frequencies, and LOUDNESS.

Best recommended midbass? Best midrange? In ur personal experience, thats not a component.

Just because your vehicle comes stock with something doesnt mean you have to put something there. I don't have anything where my stock tweeter locations are, I don't have anything in the rear, no back seats etc. Mid bass is best suited for the front door location most of the time. Putting any mid bass in the rear will make it hard to have proper staging imo.

Just because your vehicle comes stock with something doesnt mean you have to put something there. I don't have anything where my stock tweeter locations are, I don't have anything in the rear, no back seats etc. Mid bass is best suited for the front door location most of the time. Putting any mid bass in the rear will make it hard to have proper staging imo.

Midbass in the rear is bad? So its not similar to having subs in the back? Isnt it hard to tell which direction the bass is from?

Archived