06RTCharger Posted August 23, 2016 Author Report Posted August 23, 2016 Start looking into a decent dsp if your going active on 418 different drivers. Do like 2 8s a 4 and a couple silk dome tweets in each door, with a lot of deadener, and be done. Hope your glassing skills are good. I also don't understand your "don't want components I want active" comment. What's going active have to do or not have to do with going active? Lost me there. Yah im going to be usings a dsp if i dont achieve "active" with a few amps. I dont want component sets...they come with a mid, tweeter and a PASSIVE crossover. I dont want a passive setup, i want an active setup.Thanks everyone for the advices. Start looking into a decent dsp if your going active on 418 different drivers. Do like 2 8s a 4 and a couple silk dome tweets in each door, with a lot of deadener, and be done. Hope your glassing skills are good. I also don't understand your "don't want components I want active" comment. What's going active have to do or not have to do with going active? Lost me there. Yah im going to be usings a dsp if i dont achieve "active" with a few amps. I dont want component sets...they come with a mid, tweeter and a PASSIVE crossover. I dont want a passive setup, i want an active setup.Thanks everyone for the advices. Just because they come with a passive set up doesn't mean you have to use them.The value of a comp set is in the crossover tho lol. Without the crossover they are just normal speakers and id have to set crossovers on amps, headunit or dsp anyways. I dont see a point in buying a comp set to throw away the crossover lol, ill just buy individual drivers. Have u heard of eminence audio?? You realize that active refers to the type of crossover used and has absolutely nothing to do with the speakers right? You can buy component sets and run them active. Not sure why you would rule them out just because they have a crossover with them. It's fine to buy them as individual components but you aren't stuck with doing it. Why spend so much on a high quality comp set when ur not going to use the crossover? Isnt the crossover whats making it extra expensive?
06RTCharger Posted August 23, 2016 Author Report Posted August 23, 2016 No So the time and effort the company spent on setting up the passive crossovers are thrown in for free? Lol. Treat the passive crossover like a free sticker in the box? Just toss it out? Lol. Im not gonna do passive. Im doing active. No need to mention any comp sets, thats not what i want.
06RTCharger Posted August 23, 2016 Author Report Posted August 23, 2016 http://store.12velectronics.com/categories/Hybrid-Audio-Technologies/Legatia/ Passive does not rob your system as much as you think it does and to be quite honest they have a better response than the tune you'll do without an RT, as much as you might not like passive setups they were designed from the ground up to match the speakers and play the set of frequencies as best as possible so there are no holes in your music, now cheap sets on the other hand are a whole different breed, but quality comps are worth what you pay. That brand has some high reviews, with the occasional troll trying to nonchalantly bash a brand lol. But they are a kind of young company tho right? 10yrs. Have you used any of there stuff?
MrSkippyJ Posted August 23, 2016 Report Posted August 23, 2016 So you are automatically ignoring some of the best speakers on the market because they come with passive crossovers? I run a rock for T1 set of components active. Sounds great, except I have spent enough time tuning them yet. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
jcarter1885 Posted August 23, 2016 Report Posted August 23, 2016 So you are automatically ignoring some of the best speakers on the market because they come with passive crossovers? I run a rock for T1 set of components active. Sounds great, except I have spent enough time tuning them yet. So you are automatically ignoring some of the best speakers on the market because they come with passive crossovers? I run a rock for T1 set of components active. Sounds great, except I have spent enough time tuning them yet.I wouldnt say components are some of the best speakers out there, thats laughable. Damn guys is it that hard to comprehend he doesnt want passive speakers or pay the extra fee for crossovers when buying components. When raw can be leaps and bounds better. Yes we know passives can be ran active.Op you wont need multiple size speakers in your doors to be loud or mutliple speakers around the car to be loud. Eminence is a great company and i love the alphas, ran them for years. Beyma and 18sound are great companies. You need to decide what you really want, pa speakers or traditional car audio drivers. Supertweeters suck to me but to each their own. Check out some of these sites: Madisoundspeakerstore.com Usspeaker.com Parts-express.com Meniscusaudio.com Also read up on drivers at zaphaudio.com Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface AudioControl DM-608 (2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns (4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5" AudioControl LC-6.1200 (1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz Ampere Audio AA3800.1 Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting) Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk) Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs
MrSkippyJ Posted August 23, 2016 Report Posted August 23, 2016 It's laughable? So you wouldn't consider Focal to be some of the best speakers out there? I didn't say that components are some of the best, just that some of the best are components. I just don't understand the need to ignore those because they come with a crossover. It doesn't limit what he wants to do, at all. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
SkarredSierra Posted August 23, 2016 Report Posted August 23, 2016 Just buy wat u want man. Noone can tell u wat u want and its ur money so get wat u want. At the end of the day youll probly get watever you wanted anyways cuz youve shot down several good suggestions.
jcarter1885 Posted August 23, 2016 Report Posted August 23, 2016 It's laughable? So you wouldn't consider Focal to be some of the best speakers out there? I didn't say that components are some of the best, just that some of the best are components. I just don't understand the need to ignore those because they come with a crossover. It doesn't limit what he wants to do, at all. Some of the best compared to other car audio components yes but not all speakers. Nope but that is also my opinion as sound is subjective, I actually like Hertz better. There is better out there and everyone has a preference. I also wouldn't call it ignoring just seeing what else is out there as there are other options available. Yeah most people wont read or understand specs or wont take them time test different speakers to see what they like, thry just go the easy route and grab components. Another example is look at markup of some of these components speakers. Arc Audio Black series, compared to the original speakers made by the company Arc sources from, SB Acoustics. I have the same speakers in the Black series with an upgraded tweeter and still saved over $400. Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface AudioControl DM-608 (2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns (4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5" AudioControl LC-6.1200 (1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz Ampere Audio AA3800.1 Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting) Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk) Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs
MrSkippyJ Posted August 23, 2016 Report Posted August 23, 2016 Hertz is good too. I'm not saying to ignore anything though. I just think that ignoring component sets because they have a passive crossover limits possibilities. He wants to run active, he can do hat wether he buys individually or as a component set. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.