Second Skin Audio

under seats getting low

PinkFreud65

I'm not sure on the room yet. I need to measure. it's an 08 chevy. so, that's all I know. x8s? those are like $540 a pop. and he wants to stay under 1k dollars

Where did you see them that price? . . I said you would have like 300 for enclosure . X8s are under 250 each . And the cab 1600 is only around 2

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

sorry guys! I just went straight to sundown's site and saw the x8v2. THOSE are 540 a pop. I've tried talking him into 10s and he wants nothing to do with them. he has it set in his mind that he "needs" a 12. I might be able to talk him into 2-4 8s however. So, my question now is, can I build a ported box for 8s that will get those lows he wants from his rap music? personally, I have heard a single 8 get lower than I knew was possible for an 8, but he is still very new and ignorant to the truth about bass and the major importance of a correct box. thanks again guys! :)

sorry guys! I just went straight to sundown's site and saw the x8v2. THOSE are 540 a pop. I've tried talking him into 10s and he wants nothing to do with them. he has it set in his mind that he "needs" a 12. I might be able to talk him into 2-4 8s however. So, my question now is, can I build a ported box for 8s that will get those lows he wants from his rap music? personally, I have heard a single 8 get lower than I knew was possible for an 8, but he is still very new and ignorant to the truth about bass and the major importance of a correct box. thanks again guys! :)

Slap him, please. Any sub, any size, can play anything. All box dependent. Take him to a show so he can cry more. But seriously. Buy it without telling him. That way he can see he is wrong.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

believe me, I know that any sub can do what I want it to do. but he is like I said, ignorant of this lol. he really wants 1 12, but I personally doubt he will get the quality and sound he wants from one 12 because of space limitations. that's why I'm leaning towards a 2 8 setup, ported. running a cab 1600.1. Thoughts? if anyone has any box designs, or van whip any up, I'd be very grateful.

You could definitely do a shallow mount 12" down firing. JL audio has them like 5" mounting depth for like $300. I could be off a little, that's just from memory. I know its close though. If you go on the website, the subs that are called Tw1, Tw3, and Tw5v2 are the shallows. Each is shallower but more expensive than the last. Good wattage too

You can fit a 3 cubic foot box under that seat if you maximize space. I would use a decent 12" 3" vc firing down with the port shooting towards the opposite door. I have had very good results doing this with a 1000 watts to the sub tuned the box to 30hz also.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Archived