SQ double-din

06RTCharger

isn't he going to use an external DSP? if so then why worry about the processing capabilities of the HU.

Im honestly goin crazy tryna find a setup that my mind is satisfied with from headunit-with or without dsp-amps. Those three aspecs are crazy to decide on. I really want cd/bluetooth/high resolution digital audio all the way to the amp. Both the 80 and 99 wont support iphone 6plus bluetooth. The version they use is too old. But i believe the cd quality those would give would be superior to a new ordinary hu. The quality of music u can hear is gonna start from the quality it starts out at and how well its remains thru each peice of equipment.

Just buy a good set of ear buds and be done. Use your phone.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

isn't he going to use an external DSP? if so then why worry about the processing capabilities of the HU.

Im honestly goin crazy tryna find a setup that my mind is satisfied with from headunit-with or without dsp-amps. Those three aspecs are crazy to decide on. I really want cd/bluetooth/high resolution digital audio all the way to the amp. Both the 80 and 99 wont support iphone 6plus bluetooth. The version they use is too old. But i believe the cd quality those would give would be superior to a new ordinary hu. The quality of music u can hear is gonna start from the quality it starts out at and how well its remains thru each peice of equipment.

I honestly think you are WAY over thinking a headunit that is going in a daily driver. You sound like you are planning a system for a car that will never have it's radio played and the engine on at the same time. As soon as you start driving it you cancel out lots of what you are looking for. Just find a quality double din that has the cd, bluetooth, and whatever else source features you want and go with it. If it happens to have some DSP options then you don't need an external DSP, otherwise find an quality external DSP you like. It's really not as difficult as you want it to be.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Can you guys tell me what u think about the Clarion NX706? I just seen it on youtube, its there newer HiRes navi headunit. Can someone tell me some flaws in it? Sound Quality flaws. Ive heard that units with motorized faceplates/screens some how mess with the sound quality. This one pretty much suits my needs i think, bluetooth, cd, highresolution audio out. Says it'll support Flac files upto 24/96. I need your guys perspective on that unit. Whats it missing SQ wise, if i was to add an external dsp. Do you think the internals are up to par? Thanks for yalls input. Always appreciated.

Junk a lot of slow programming issues. Lot of reviews on Strictly Sound Quality.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

If you have audio stores near you that have displays you should go test each one. Most of the lower end units will be laggy with buttons & what not

I dont like dealing with the audio stores here, there really minimal and usually will just push products they carry. Being online i have a WAY bigger selection and real help instead of product pushers.

Archived