Sundown Audio

System Hiss With A Few Follow Up Questions.

G-Difficult

Hey, I've had system hiss for a while now, nothing too bad but I'm sick of it and finally ready to (try) to take care of it once and for all.

What I have is a powerbass processor that I plug my phone directly into, that goes low level to two amps, a RF T1000 and a RF 400.4, component set in the front, coaxials in the back,and two 12'' subs taking care of the bass.

Power supply is factory alternator and battery with an additional small XS Power battery.

what I've tried:

Better Amp Ground: For awhile i have wanted an extra battery so I took this as my chance to give the amp a better ground as well. so i put in my battery in the trunk, ran 1/0 power and ground to the front and attached them to their respective terminals on the front battery. No change in noise.

Better Ground for the Possessor: Then, I was sure it was the processor ground, because it started when I installed it and i just took a tap off of the radio ground. So I took a 14 gauge wire I had around and ran it directly to the front battery (about a 3'-4' run). No change in the noise.

What I've tested:

Unplugged the RCA's From the Amp:

Noise persisted.

Used Multi Meter to Measure Impedance:

So next I tested impedance between the RCA jacks and the negative terminal to the battery in the trunk. It read as a direct short but I think the results were not accurate because all jacks read that on both amps...not sure.

My questions to you guys are, what should I try next? i'm thinking about upgrading the factory ground to the chases. i know it should have been done sooner but i ran out of 1/0 and it looks like a huge PITA to do the big three because its a 13 ford fusion. i cant even find the factory grounds.

Also, what may be wrong with the amp, if the problem is in the amp. Do you think it is most likely the amp? Also should I ground the second battery to the trunk? I'm not sure if that would have a positive or negative affect.

Maybe its the processor. Try plugging your phone directly into your amp using an aux jack to rca converter and play music to see if it goes away. May also be your rcas.

Maybe its the processor. Try plugging your phone directly into your amp using an aux jack to rca converter and play music to see if it goes away. May also be your rcas.

probably none of that, he said the problem existed without RCAs plugged in.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

probably none of that, he said the problem existed without RCAs plugged in.

Yeah like he said, that's what I was hoping, but when I unplugged them and it kept going. I'm going to take it to an audio shop tomorrow and see. Ill keep update on the results

Turn the amp gain down.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

have you taken the amp out of the car and bench tested it yet? Or at least tested it inside the car without using the wiring that is in the car right now? If not get a pair of speakers and wire them directly to the amp and see if the sound is still there. No RCA input hooked up, just power and speaker wires/speakers.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived