Sundown Audio

System Hiss With A Few Follow Up Questions.

G-Difficult

Could have a bad spark plug or plug wire causing the interference.

Could have bad or broken grounds on the engine to the battery/chassis, big 3 usually takes care of those.

Check every ground you have, including on tugging hard on wires with lugs on them to make sure they are not semi loose causing an issue.

Disconnect all speakers and try each one, one at a time hooked up playing to see if you have a pinched or cut wire somewhere.

This is one of those things where it is a process of elimination, and try to start at one end and work your way back

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

have you taken the amp out of the car and bench tested it yet? Or at least tested it inside the car without using the wiring that is in the car right now? If not get a pair of speakers and wire them directly to the amp and see if the sound is still there. No RCA input hooked up, just power and speaker wires/speakers.

That's a good idea. I actually knew about that test but forgot about it. Ill try it tomorrow after work with a spare speaker. I already have a chord that I can use to plug directly into my amp. Thanks

The hiss that you hear is like static or "air"? With the engine off and rcas unplugged from the amp? Does it go away with the gain turned all the way down? If your source doesn't put out a lot of voltage, it will cause the gain to be adjusted high to compensate for the low signal. The solution is to turn the gain down and use either a source with higher output or use a pre amp to drive the line. Some EQs have a pre amp built in.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

With the gain lower the hiss was less. I mean turn it all the way down to see if it goes away.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived