Sundown Audio

can some 1 that has experience clear something up for me

alibaba

k so if i wire my amp for a 1ohm nominal but lets say with box rise i get between 2-3 impendance does that mean the amp will put out the power its supposed to for the 1ohm or will it put out with whatever the box rise is? thank u guys

06 Envoy

250a ALT

2x 2400 kinetiks

USX65KV1 w/ parallel bridged mosfets 2200rms @ 1ohm @13v powering 1 Orion hcca122

Taramp HD2500 for mid range

4xPioneer 6x9's 2x 1" Pioneer tweets

Amps don't put out watts, amps put out volts. Your amp will put out the volts it's supposed to as long as your gain is set properly. Don't worry about impedance rise.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

i thought the batts put out the volts into the amp n the amp takes the volts n turn em into watts...wow k i been wrong this whole time wttttttf lol,

and kyblack whats reactive power?

n triticum i know u said dont worry about box rise, ive read that somewhere else n i guess the reason is because u really cant do shit about box rise right? im still not clear on the question i asked in the beggining tho cuz i just got a ct 4000.1 amp n was wondering if i should look at the output at 1 ohm or 2ohm since thats what the amp will be seeing after box rise 2ohm minimum? like if the amp will push out 4000x1ohm even tho i got my sub wired at 1ohm the amp will never see a 1ohm load because of box rise rite?

06 Envoy

250a ALT

2x 2400 kinetiks

USX65KV1 w/ parallel bridged mosfets 2200rms @ 1ohm @13v powering 1 Orion hcca122

The whole volts/watts relationship is complicated, but the thing to keep in mind is that unless you are a SPL burp competitor impedance rise due to the box isn't worth worrying about.

If you wire your subs to a 1 ohm load to the amp, the amp will likely experience 1 ohm at some frequencies, so that's the power level I'd go off of.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

As mentioned, don't listen to the hype. You box has "rise" and "dips" because that is how music operates. If you are concerned about the output of your amplifier meeting the power limits you want, buy a larger amplifier and monitor your listening levels.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

They are basically saying if you are a burp vehicle and your loudest freq. is getting the rise to 2 ohm then you might want to re-evaluate what ohm coils you are using. if you are playing full bandwidth street style music you are more than likely dropping below 1ohm at certain freq's anyway So basically leave it be, if you are a demo whore and maybe re-visit the idea if you are a burper.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

k thank u guys i been reading alot n now understand what sencheezy said about the rise n dips....without it there wont be no sound so it somewat makes sense, for some reason i thought that when u wire to a 1ohm nominal it stays to 1ohm(not including box rise) throughout different freq. LOL, n my car is def not a burp car its a daily im just trying to understand how it all works n how to get the best out of my system,this shit is so f*****g complicated but now ive got more respect for car audio, back 12-14yrs ago i would install a system in my car turn it up to the max n didnt give a shit if it was clipped or if the fuckin alt was dying or if it was only 80amp alt stock bat n stick electrical n my amplifier was trying to draw 200a didnt give a shit bout none of that lol but since i know alot more now ive done alot of upgrading, ho alt, batts, 0ga big 3, 1 volt meter to each batt n i dont even know what else...tell u the truth i prolly enjoyed the bass back when i didnt give a shit than now since im always looking at my volt meters n check this n that, at nite i take my dmm n check the voltage to all my batts just to make sure my inside volt meters r correct FML lol, but now i can laugh when i see a 16yr old n he thinks he loud af n his trunk vibration is louder than the bass bahaha those were the days my friends

06 Envoy

250a ALT

2x 2400 kinetiks

hook it up and let it wang.

don't get worried about shit that doesn't matter. as long as your battery voltage is good, and you aint clipping the shit out of the woofer...you'll be okay.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

hook it up and let it wang.

don't get worried about shit that doesn't matter. as long as your battery voltage is good, and you aint clipping the shit out of the woofer...you'll be okay.

i guess ur right sir :)

06 Envoy

250a ALT

2x 2400 kinetiks

Archived