Marty Collins Posted September 28, 2016 Report Posted September 28, 2016 This is my first post. Lol poppin the cherry. So I'm in the process of getting the massive stereo set up in my escalade. But I'm stuck on woofer size. I'm not sure if I should go with a 2000 rms 18 like the Zv5 or go with a bigger wattage 15 2500 rms like the nsv5. I plan to do some bass off but mostly demoing at car shows and daily driving. Thanks for you help in advance.
RooTxBeeR Posted September 28, 2016 Report Posted September 28, 2016 How much power do you have availible? And if your just going to demo the more cone area the louder it is. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Marty Collins Posted September 28, 2016 Author Report Posted September 28, 2016 I have a triple alternator bracket and 3 280 amp alternators. 4 X2 batteries. I haven't purchased amps yet bc I'm stuck on woffers. Dc and sundown make amps that will fit the set up sundown has a 4k and dc has a 5k.
RooTxBeeR Posted September 28, 2016 Report Posted September 28, 2016 Well in alt's alone you have 800A at least, your looking to get a single 4k?? What power in total are you planning on running? Need to figure out how much power you want to run, then find woofers that can handle it. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
RooTxBeeR Posted September 28, 2016 Report Posted September 28, 2016 Also what is your budget on woofers. With the power supply you have you could easily run 10k power. And what space are you willing to give up for subs. And with that said, how big is that space. That will determine what size woofers to go with. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
hispls Posted September 28, 2016 Report Posted September 28, 2016 Triple alternator for 4K to a single sub? Am I missing something? More importantly as to subs, how much space do you have for box and how much power do you really plan to use. More subs always = being able to throw more power at it before running into thermal issues and you won't cheat box size. All things being equal a certain amount of cone area is going to need minimum box and port volume to function properly. Sub quantity and size should be planned around power and space.
Smoove Posted September 28, 2016 Report Posted September 28, 2016 I have a triple alternator bracket and 3 280 amp alternators. 4 X2 batteries. I haven't purchased amps yet bc I'm stuck on woffers. Dc and sundown make amps that will fit the set up sundown has a 4k and dc has a 5k. Get some SMD's 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Marty Collins Posted September 29, 2016 Author Report Posted September 29, 2016 I'm looking to run 4 18s or 4 15s. 2 4k amp or 2 5k amps. I have a escalade esv. (Suburban ) taking the 3rd row out
RainStryke Posted September 29, 2016 Report Posted September 29, 2016 I would look into Twisted Sounds 2.8K amps. They are basically 3500 boards. Pretty much all of the dyno's I've seen on them are close to 4K. The TS3.5K gets pretty close to 5K. If you plan on running high voltage, I would suggest maybe a SoundQubed 7K or a Twisted Sounds 6.5K-HV Subs, I would do Zv5 18's with a pair of TS2.8K's. I would do the 3.5K's for the NSv5's.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.