[Final Update 6/6] 99 S-10 Blazer Build - Lots of setups

I just drilled extra holes around the oem speaker mount, and screwed some screws in to keep it tight all the way around.

And I dont think the MDF ring will work in the back doors. speaker grill isnt circular like the front. may be able to cut away the plastic on the inside with a dremel or something.

Would you put a set of super tweets in the back doors too? Im trying to figure out where to mount a super tweet in each back door, but havent thought of anything yet

Yeah we were looking at the back doors...I've got a full set of extra door panels from another Blazer that we used as an ATV, so we'll be able to try plenty and have backups to work with :)

Tomorrow we should be trying some methods to get the 6.5" in the front doors, and once we have that figured out, we'll move to the back doors.

The cutout is weirdly shaped, so we are thinking dremel it out...but I also have another top secret plan haha. No idea if it'll work. Either way, I'll post it once we try it.

I'll be putting the super tweets in the front doors. No idea where they would go in the back either.

----------------------------------------

Anyways, today was a short day. Just a couple hours because we were doing family stuff all day.

Got the headliner all back in. Much easier to put in than to take out:

5syNAvgl.jpg

Then got the 2nd run of 2/0 ready:

rNRaqJel.jpg

We cut the factory wire hole to make it bigger, then wrapped some of that rubber around the wires to keep it snug:

CtdF7DUl.jpg

Oh, and about 2 weeks ago a guy on the "SoundQubed Only" facebook group was selling some AQ HDC3 18 D2's, so I snatched them up:

U9yUO9Rl.jpg

My options are much better with D2 subs, because I can run a single SQ2200 @ 0.5, or I can strap my two SQ2200's @ 2 ohms.

I'll be starting with them strapped @ 2, then see how it goes.

Oecp0Gcl.jpg

I've got the SSA Xcon's for sale, but haven't had much interest yet.

Nice progress man! Excited to see what you come up with for the rear doors.

Thanks :) We've been trying to get at least 3 hours a day of progress.

I think I will have everything except the box for the 18s, all set before I go back. Then I'll just have to come home for a weekend to finish that up.

We are waiting on some more of those tree shaped clips for the door panels, before we can put the doors back together, but by the end of today we should have a general idea of how the front doors will sit. Hopefully get some progress on those back doors too.

Now I'm trying to figure out the dimensions for squeezing a G31 battery between the right rear wheel well, and the back.... it's gonna be tight!

Cool build! Interested to see what your box design is going to be. I just got a pair of HDC3.118 on black Friday sale. I need to figure out how to make them fit. lol Tuned in.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Cool build! Interested to see what your box design is going to be. I just got a pair of HDC3.118 on black Friday sale. I need to figure out how to make them fit. lol Tuned in.

The box design more or less is in post 39. I just have to figure out how to fit my G31 battery back under there.

But yeah, I had a single HDC3 18" in here for awhile on a Hifonics Brutus 1.1k, and loved it. (even though the box was horrendous. I paid a "professional" $150 to build it and he ended up giving me 12 square inches of port instead of 120 square inches, back before I knew what I was doing)

Pau3iEkl.jpg

So I got the idea from another forum member, ARMYKYLE1, here's his thread - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/158061-armykyle1s-blazer-build-gfy-its-slowwwww/page-8

His process was to cut a little bit off the factory speaker grills, then use that to mount.

So here was our attempt:

42MISuNl.jpg

7ewnAzal.jpg

TXd5nsOl.jpg

Also cut out the tweeter mounting spot, so here's how the doors will look:

F8N24Ojl.jpg

r0w2TOtl.jpg

Then the back doors:

ngev6kwl.jpg

I like how the front doors look, not too keen about the back doors, but it'll suffice. This is a 99 blazer, it's not meant for looks lol.

Tomorrow the mounting trees show up, and then I'll run all the wires, hook up the head unit, etc.

Oh also here's a video of the roof before deadening:

And after:

Always like the deadener test, ultimate satisfaction haha lookin good

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Today was almost 5 hours of work, but it feels like I got very little done lol.

Went and bought my new AGMs, one for under the hood, one for the back:

FqquhWul.jpg

HGNGKKvl.jpg

Then got the doors all fully assembled, and all the wires for the highs/mids ran. It was a pain running those tweeter wires through the grommet in the doors, and then into the body. Especially on the driver side where the wire had to be run behind the steering wheel.

Here's how the doors look now, with the grills on:

jUCmWUEl.jpg

I think they turned out really well, all things considered. Can't wait to hear them :)

I kind of wish I had the old grandfathered QP-MR6.5's though, without the SoundQubed green logo. They show through the grill, and because my stock speaker wires were too short, and I was too lazy to run more, all of my speakers have the symbols pointed in different directions, and you can see them through the grills. Oh well.

Then I got the new 80-PRS all hooked up. She's a beaut! Also put the dash back together.

CFL15D2l.jpg

Tomorrow's task is to route all these damn wires:

gClsWaJl.jpg

3 sets of RCA's

3 sets of Speaker Wires

2 Runs of 2/0 Power

1 run for my voltmeter in the dash

1 run for the SQ gain knob

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff too...

Got my wiring all set:

iA3CFLdl.jpg

0PnBPNil.jpg

dlpldm0l.jpg

cKWdRVnl.jpg

I couldn't figure out how to pull the headrest poles out normally, so we just clipped them off with this here BFC:

LtTvnTol.jpg

All that's left is to add some fuses and grounds, drop in the front battery, hook up the rear battery, and build a new box for the 18s.

Archived