Solderless connection/connectors=SQ?

06RTCharger

Do whatever is easiest for you to do properly with your skill set.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

All you're doing is mentally creating issues that don't exist.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

most the wires on headunit are very small and most crimpers only crimp a fraction of the conductor. soldering can be tough on those small connections too because you need like 3 hands, one to hold the iron, one to hold the connector and one to hold the wire. You can get one of these or a small vice to help.

CLIPIT8_american-metalcraft-1.jpg

most the wires on headunit are very small and most crimpers only crimp a fraction of the conductor. soldering can be tough on those small connections too because you need like 3 hands, one to hold the iron, one to hold the connector and one to hold the wire. You can get one of these or a small vice to help.

I prefer this style.

https://www.amazon.com/ProsKit-900-015-Helping-Hands-Soldering/dp/B01E62773K

Do whatever is easiest for you to do properly with your skill set.

Im not looking for an easy route tho, im willing to take the time to figure things out and look for advice, and look for other peoples suggestions and ideas. Im willing to buy a hydrolic crimping tool if there is one for smaller gauge wires. And im also willing to buy higher quality soldering things like the solder with silver in it. I read those help reduce resistance compared to regular solder.

All you're doing is mentally creating issues that don't exist.

Lol i didnt create it, i had already bought everything to solder stuff, solder iron, torch, regular electrical solder, heat gun. I wanted to keep it all clean lookin, but when i read that WARNING paper that was in the p99 box it made me question which method is better when done perfectly. I was unaware that solder causes any resistance, after i learned that i really started to question the method and came here to get some input.

I prefer this style.

These helping tools could be found at hardware stores right? Like a lowes or homedepot? If i decide to solder, one of these would help alot.

I prefer this style.

those are nice

I use one of these with a magnifying glass attached to it. Makes it so much easier to get the job done right.

Screenshot_2016-10-17-07-34-25_zpshp9jyu

You probably want to buy some flux too.

There isn't gonna be any need for hydraulics in a tiny crimp.

Make sure to set up a proper soldering station with everything you need. Including some water and a cloth and a damp sponge for keeping your tip clean. A dirty tip will fuck up your work.

20150904_151247_zpsxuhcjjwi.jpg

20150905_085508_zpsvazhmizc.jpg

Make sure to practice on some spare wire first if you have limited experience soldering. A crap solder job is a complete waste of time.

This is my first attempt. Cold joint. Totally fucking useless. Better off using spit and Scotch tape..

20150905_075230_zpsfmfbyxr7.jpg

This is my second attempt. Still crap and difficult to shrink wrap.

20150905_080952_zpsx3tgw0mc.jpg

This is my third try. Still not perfect because of melted insulation but getting there.

Screenshot_2015-09-05-08-51-19_zpsjpqhj6

Obviously those tiny wires will be much more delicate than the ones in my pictures.

Just one bad connection can totally fuck up everything you are trying to achieve.

Good luck either route you take.

If you solider a connection and there is resistance across it then you did it wrong.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived