Hairpin and non hairpin run together ????

What are the pros and cons of running a 370 hairpin with a 320 non hairpin together ?????

Cons, the non hairpin is not 6phase, probably wont make much at idle, and has a lower efficiency and generates more heat to make same power as the hairpin.

Pros, the hairpin is 6phase, makes more at idle, is more efficient and generates less heat to make the same power as the non hairpin.
Its not going to really matter if you use 2 different types.

^^^^^ Yup.

Ran the 270hp with my 350standard for some time.... nothing weird happened or anything. I think, if i remember right, the 270 would charge most under light load. It had a lower turn on, and the reg was set like, 2 tenths higher, so it pulled duty, just chiling. But, the second any load was dropped on them, they both did their thing. You wont have any real ill side effects brotha. Get em in and doing their thing man.

Cool, I have seen several people saying one alt could cause the other to burn up. So I had to ask

Ive ran 3 mismatched alts for the longest time, different stator types, different sizes.

Never an issue except for last 6ish months, and they still work just 2 of them are unhooked. Bearings are going bad and getting noisy to the point they whine like a super charger. I figured it was better off to unhook them instead of running them until they are legit broke and cost more to fix. This is just due to old age common wear and tare. Part of the game.

Archived