94 Suzuki Sidekick JLX (Daughters first vehicle, AGM & big 3 done)

Both speaker locations need to be prepped for better response. Especially the front stage. Its just a huge open cavity behind the dash, it would take sound deadening, MDF to reinforce dash and some poly fill to help the front stage. All budget friendly materials.

or stuff you may already have laying around :)

Ya i would just need to get some poly fill, I have spare Stinger mat lying around but no acoustic foam. And of coarse the MDF!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice looking (dependable) ride brother. Should be fun !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

So here's what i have come up with as of now.

HU : Pioneer SuperTuner IIID Installed (came with the vehicle)

x2 sets of RF P142's $102.00

1 RF Prime 250x4 $97.00

1 RF Prime 1000 Donated by son

1 RF P212's Enclosure Donated by son

1 AGM Battery (biggest & Cheap) $ ? (150.00 budget)

1 RockVille Dual amp kit $90.00

0 Misc Shit! $30.00

Rough system estimate =$469.00

Not to bad, start buying up some goodies here soon.

Nice looking (dependable) ride brother. Should be fun !!!

Thanks man! Ya these things are ugly but built like tanks from what i can see. I mean it 22 years old and just starting to rust a tiny bit in the wheel wells. Just excited to see my daughter grow up and have something nice. And be apart of the music loving side of the family.

Well i pulled the trigger today to get some of the daughter equipment heading this way. I think she will be happy with this set up. I just hope i am..... LOL

Electrical Upgrades:

Lg AGM battery (Brand Unknown Yet $150 Budget)

SHCA 0 Gauge Big 3 Kit $44.99

Dual 0 & 4 Gauge battery Terminals $29.90

2X KnuKoncepts 4 Gauge Amp Kits $32.99 ea

IMG_2633_zpsy706qbdr.jpg

Battery that came with it. Not even tied down. On of the reasons to replace and get new hard wear for it. I am not sure what the relay above the battery is but i do know it not working with the red and black wires not hooked up. Need to check into that.

IMG_2634_zpstddtspcz.jpg

The Alternator is real close to the battery so that will make it easier for wiring. The Blue SHCA big 3 upgrade and the Blue Knukincepts will go with the paint & Decal theme.

HU & Interior Equipment:

Pioneer SuperTuner IIID/MP3 $0 (already installed. Possible upgrade in the future, fine for now.)

RF Prime 250x4 $97.00

JBL GTO429's Front stage Dash $67.99

RF P142's Rear fill. $51.97

RF Prime 1000 2010 model $0 (Donated by Big brother)

RF P212s in a FR Box $0 (Donated by Big Brother)

IMG_2632_zps5h2mk5ai.jpg

Those JBL GTO's should should good in there after i deaden and beef up the dash. These are the stock Clarion And dont sound horrible. I really want a better speaker up front. Almost went with a nice Focal or Hertz but i was trying to stay under $100. I think the RF's in the rear will do fine. Hell might sounded good all the way around but wanted to try something different. I even looked at Dayton's line up but just though a simple 2-way would be easiest for now.

IMG_2629_zpsebwhgdf2.jpg

Not real thrilled with mounting amps under a teenagers first car. I will have to see what for room under the dash. But if i have to i will with caution.

IMG_2630_zpsp4qgi54z.jpg

I grabbed my P500-5 that was lying around just to get a better idea. I for got how long the Prime 1000. ?

IMG_2631_zps0eqg35jt.jpg

It sticks under neath the seat far foward enough.

IMG_2635_zpsainhyxvv.jpg

I still think it would be Neat to do a custom sub stage on the rear door. I know horrible placement for rattles and such but it would look cool and free up her already small cargo area. That RF enclosure is going to fill that space in a hurry!

IMG_2618_zpsqkkqr0wm.jpg

Total for this build is $343.00 as of right now.

looking good!

I tell you what man. I have just 2 rockford 4in speakers amped in my rear deck for rear fill atm, but now that I have my winter beater which has 4 dayton audio 6.5s in the doors on just headunit power its a world difference. Id be curious to see what one one do in that front location with some properly imaged tweets!

looking good!

I tell you what man. I have just 2 rockford 4in speakers amped in my rear deck for rear fill atm, but now that I have my winter beater which has 4 dayton audio 6.5s in the doors on just headunit power its a world difference. Id be curious to see what one one do in that front location with some properly imaged tweets!

Ya i thought of that, Found some Prime twt laying around and tried to plat with a good mounting location. Even had Daytona 4" and twters in my list but in the end just wanted it a bit more simply. I figure if i am not at all pleased with it i could put comps in the doors this summer. I dont think the daughter will care much Just happy to have wheels.

If you put a bunch of deadener inside the rear door it shouldnt rattle too bad, but subs up port back or subs back port back is always best option in suv's.

Probably best to just put a good grill in front of the subs.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

If you put a bunch of deadener inside the rear door it shouldnt rattle too bad, but subs up port back or subs back port back is always best option in suv's.

Probably best to just put a good grill in front of the subs.

Ya the Temp set up will be subs back/port back. The more i look at the rear door the more i think i could build a fiberglass enclosure for that location. I dont think it would take a ton of work. ?

That rear door looks nice and flat so you can likely make one out of a mdf skeleton and glass that, would be a nice location to add whatever rear fill youd like.

But how will it affect unloading of subs?

Archived