94 Suzuki Sidekick JLX (Daughters first vehicle, AGM & big 3 done)

48 minutes ago, bmwking said:

no big deal!  sucks about that door :(  i've good things about the choices you provided tho, i dont think youll have any issues whatever you choose.  i glossed over it, so i only think i caught it but are you going to be putting them in the rear side panels?

Yes rear side panels to free up cargo and keep the P2 12 from getting stolen. She doesn't live in the best part of town. Not that matters these days. Thieves strike everywhere. 

41 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

Digital Design makes a real nice 6.5 sub also.

Not sure what the price point the DD are and trying to keep it on a budget. But i will check into them.

DD is always alittle pricey. But great quality.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

6 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

DD is always alittle pricey. But great quality.

Ya i have heard good things about them. Prices of the subs i pick are easier on the wallet. I have a 03 Lancer i am working on, my wife's 2012 Malibu so budget is stretched between these projects as well.

Save your money for new subs for the lancer....

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

30 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

Save your money for new subs for the lancer....

I plan to win that much in more in Vegas in 2 weeks! I want to start this new sub stage NOW!!! Addiction can be a motivating factor! Hows the wifes build coming? lol

GO FALCON'S .... FUCK THE Patriots!!!! 

I was able to work on the daughters vehicle for a couple hours yesterday. Heater switch that looked correct did not com out out the control panel like i thought it would and the control were different so i need to return that for a refund. So i called the local Suzuki dealership and the guy found 2 on the East coast, $101.00 later its mine, be here in a week. Least i got the right shit, had i done that from the beginning it would be in and done by now. But i was tired as fuck which didn't help my decision making.

Next i was finally able to fix her driver door handle issue's. Bought a new one to install and put it in but wasn't working right and i didn't have time to remove the panel to see what the issu was. After removing the panel i noticed the latch rod was out of its clip to hold it in place, New interior handle wasn't getting mounted right so i figured that out, and there was some damage around the handle housing in the panel the needed attention. These panels are made of a cardboard material and being almost 23 yrs old have weakened from what the previous owner had done. Which was f'ing stupid, so i used sound deadening to strengthen the weakened areas. Put it all back together and works perfectly. Way happy about that, she was having to roll her window down to use the out side handle to open the door and that's just lame as hell.

Things left to fix: heater switch, driver mirror, mount tweeters permanently and she should be good to go for a bit. She is REALLY liking the system, i think she digs the sub but really loves the front stage.

So i took a couple of pics of the MDF rings to see what size speakers would fit the best/easily. 6.5" looked to have plenty of space where 8" would be tight. And i took 2 vids but only down loaded 1. Photobucket is 100% full and never really figured out how to get more. Kind of a pain in the ass so i just delete build pics as i need space.

8" Ring

IMG_2778_zpsubkmhuec.jpg

6.5" Ring

IMG_2779_zps2qh0hbqd.jpg

And Video, Sorry its so shitty, i had 2 hrs to do everything and was trying haul ass.

That sucks about the heater switch.

Nice vid. Sounds pretty good but I am sure nothing like live.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

3 hours ago, oldsoundguy said:

That sucks about the heater switch.

Nice vid. Sounds pretty good but I am sure nothing like live.

Thanks man, ya it sounds great live. I think besides repairs i am done with this build. Time to move onto the Lancer and Malibu. I was a fun build and i learned more than i would have thought. 

Archived