94 Suzuki Sidekick JLX (Daughters first vehicle, AGM & big 3 done)

Well it looks like i can fit a group 34 Battery under the hood. Walmart has a reg battery for $117 and the Parts store has a AGM 34 for $179 after core return. Need to hit Sears and see what they have and who is having sales this friday.

Daughters battery was dead this morning. No lights on gauges dead. I think she left something on. ? she had to jump it for 15 minutes to charge it enough to start. Looks like new battery and test alt time. But she hasn't been around much since she got it. I told her i need it here to work on it.

Daughters battery was dead this morning. No lights on gauges dead. I think she left something on. ? she had to jump it for 15 minutes to charge it enough to start. Looks like new battery and test alt time. But she hasn't been around much since she got it. I told her i need it here to work on it.

that sucks man, maybe the car gods over heard you talking about replacing the battery lol

that sucks man, maybe the car gods over heard you talking about replacing the battery lol

Ya time for the Group 34 under there! See if that helps!

you can always measure how much current is being drawn with the vehicle off and see if you have a parasitic draw. that's the easy part, narrowing it down turns into a game of "Which Fuse Is It Anyway" ;)

Thanks for the tip. I will have to narrow down issues. 14 degrees here today so if Oreiallys is open today we will get the battery and go from there. It started up after work for her but was slow to start. Not much charge time for short drive to work,

maybe just a bad cell in the battery

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

We were able to get a battery by noon and a had a few hours to put the rig inside to warm up and start tearing the electrical down. Didn't look like someone did a very good job of putting shit back together when you look closely. I removed all grounds and power runs to check for good connections and clean them up.

IMG_2636_zpsnsfrf1dj.jpg

Battery comparison. Stick it suppose to be a group 51, which is a pretty small battery. This a a group 26 and i replaced it with a group 34.

IMG_2637_zps6icwt4rr.jpg

Battery has pretty good numbers, Better than a 51R.

IMG_2638_zpsfwpyezy3.jpg

Hopefully this will be a good battery. Picked it up at Oreillys auto for $175.

IMG_2639_zpslh4erjaf.jpg

Figured out what this unit was. Its the Sensor adjustment on the stock security system. Not sure why the wire is cut so i fixed it, And a red positive coming out of the fire wall. Adjustment screw is under the rubber plug.

IMG_2640_zpsehkipkg7.jpg

Back together. Had to jack it up to see where grounds went. Starter bolt was loose so glad i caught that.

IMG_2641_zps2me5tcyh.jpg

Different view. Cleaned up pretty good.

IMG_2642_zpsn6thbhse.jpgI

I like the Dual post for system building, Stock on the bottom, Audio on top.

IMG_2644_zpslts8ojgx.jpg

One Option.

IMG_2645_zps72b5kpbj.jpg

2nd Option. Used on the Lancer before upgrading. Worked well and after all the connectors it wasnt cheap by any means. Thats why i still have them. I also ordered some new battery terminals so we'll see what looks and works best.

IMG_2646_zpsn9yvk9t2.jpg

It was not that tidy before, i promise you. But after 6+ hrs of working on it when i went to go start it it sounded weak to turn over.Battery that big it should scream. Maybe the starters bad? Maybe more electrical issue than i thought. Was midnight before i rolled it out and i am done for tonight. Have to start looking at everything now. Bummer, I dont mind but the wife was kinda pist that i worked on it that long on Thanksgiving. Daughter needs something dependable so i have to make sure she has that. Plus she leaves on the first so the vehicle wont be here to work the bugs out. I guess a little every night.

Looks good man. When I worked at Oreillys we never had a complaint about one of those, still doesnt justify the price tag imo but you can easily shell out $125 for a regular replacement.

Looks good man. When I worked at Oreillys we never had a complaint about one of those, still doesnt justify the price tag imo but you can easily shell out $125 for a regular replacement.

Thanks, Glad to hear there decent battery's. Reg lead battery was $117 at Wal-mart, Group 51R was $129 so i think was a ok Alaskan Price. Battery's just aren't cheap, Now to see how much a starter is.

Archived