Jump to content

94 Suzuki Sidekick JLX (Daughters first vehicle, AGM & big 3 done)


Recommended Posts

Posted

So i got everything in to do the Big 3 this afternoon. Wife doesn't know i am putting a system in, i keep telling her i am tracking down electrical issues. lol She knows my son donated subs & amp though so maybe when i go to install i will tell her thats what i am doing.

IMG_2649_zpspn2cjd6f.jpg

I was able to re-crimp both ground lugs but the positive was fucked. Need to dremel the burs off before i heat shrink. This build is moving along nicely. If UPS delivers today i will have everything here minus JBL front speakers.

Posted

Big 3 done, looks pretty good. Look better when its all done.

IMG_2651_zpsmdxq4fwm.jpg

IMG_2653_zps9dyigiji.jpg

With whats left i will run like this. And then 2x 4 Gauge amp runs out of the RF fuse block by the battery.

IMG_2654_zps8w4gddkm.jpg

I had an extra RF 0 to dual 4 gauge lying around so i thought what the hell.

We'll see how the Knukoncepts blue 4 gauge wiring coming out looks.

Posted

After looking at the pics i noticed i didn't put the factory grounds back on. I ran out and put them on when my daughter got home from work. I got in a hurry because she got called back in to close.

Posted
Posted

looking good.

You can make your wiring a little more pretty

https://www.wirecare.com/category/braided-sleeving

I tried to pic colors that went nicely with the color theme. Those are pretty cool wire covers though.

cool, just thought I'd give you a few more options

Posted

looking good.

You can make your wiring a little more pretty

https://www.wirecare.com/category/braided-sleeving

I tried to pic colors that went nicely with the color theme. Those are pretty cool wire covers though.

cool, just thought I'd give you a few more options

I appreciate it. Budget is maxed out. Everything should arrive early this week. Then schedule a time for install.

Posted

Some goodies came in today!

IMG_2659_zpsym5vnk63.jpg

Now to start prepping the 9 wire and amp grounds.

IMG_2660_zps3lj7rjae.jpg

Amp seems solid enough. Birth sheet says 317 watts. The P142 are smaller than i thought. The T142's where beefy fucking speakers. These don't seem like much to me. Glad they are going in the rear. When the JBL GTO;s show up tomorrow i will take a comparison picture to post. Knukonceptz wire seems good. 9 wire is killer! So ya i have another Pioneer HU harness lying around i will prep using the 9 wire. Plus run rca's for future HU upgrade. All and all pretty excited to get this started.

Posted

I was able to get the 9 wire soldered up and the grounds crimped on.

IMG_2663_zpstfo95nzz.jpg

This speed wire is nice to work with. Glad i got it. Changed jaw size on my crimper to 4 awg, first time crimping under 0 awg. lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1470 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...