Sundown Audio

efficient 2000 watt amps?

bleedingblue

Im not going to run the amp with the gain turned up all the way on my subs anyway.

1epwob.jpg

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Where do you plan to set the gain at?

Set it by ear.

Brother had a 900 watt amp on his components which exceeded their handling several fold.

Theirs guys burping 5000 watts on a single 8.

By ear huh?

Guys that know full well there is a chance they will blow their gear by doing so and are fully prepared to spend the money to replace it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Where do you plan to set the gain at?

Set it by ear.

Brother had a 900 watt amp on his components which exceeded their handling several fold.

Theirs guys burping 5000 watts on a single 8.

By ear huh?

Guys that know full well there is a chance they will blow their gear by doing so and are fully prepared to spend the money to replace it.

Yep thats how it goes. Its like doing burnouts, blow your tires and your prepared to replace em. Put a stereo in bs fully prepared to replace broken items in truck or car.

Thats life bubba. Everything has conseqences. If i blow them then i will see about a sub that handles more. You can blow more stuff up by distortion as well.

Distortion does not damage speakers,

Not directly anyways.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I think what they're trying to say is that setting the gain by ear puts you at risk for giving the subs a dirty signal. That dirty signal is going to cook those coils. Correct me if i'm wrong guys

Dirty signal and distortion is what alway destroys subs , I've been over powering my subs for about a year but it's clean power from the amp and the subs love it.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Dirty signal and distortion is what alway destroys subs , I've been over powering my subs for about a year but it's clean power from the amp and the subs love it.

Do you think that's true?

Music itself contains distortion and clipping which you are indeed sending to your speakers.

So everyone's speakers should be dead if what you say is true.

Archived