Sundown Audio

efficient 2000 watt amps?

bleedingblue

Most 2kw amps new are going to be $500+

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I have the Skar Rp-2000 its a new amp came out back in september this thing slams and im totally sure its putting out the rated 2000 rms, and im running a 90 amp alt and 2 batts. the gut shot is nice best part is its only 229.00 obviously if you want to go all out get a dc Audio 2k for like 600 and get like 2400rms but if you want to get just at the 2k mark get the rp-2000 im running it right now with two soundqubed HDS312s and im breaking sheet metal in my kia soul with it lol. my 2 cents

2012 Kia Soul

Infinity reference 6.5's  Coaxials 

2x Soundqubed HDS312 @ 32hz (hdx312 waiting on alt)

1x Skar Audio RP-2000 (deaf bonce 4k on floor waiting on alt)

1 x Northstar group 35 front

1x Nortstar SMSAGM220 rear (have a second one waiting on alt)

0 gauge Sky High OFC

BIG 4

Buy a used larger amp, run it at 2-4 ohm and have potential for greater efficiency?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Was on the phone with sundown and im pretty sure he told me it drew 173 amps. That got me to wondering just how effiecent these newer amps are or was he just giving me a sales pitch?

I have the Skar Rp-2000 its a new amp came out back in september this thing slams and im totally sure its putting out the rated 2000 rms, and im running a 90 amp alt and 2 batts. the gut shot is nice best part is its only 229.00 obviously if you want to go all out get a dc Audio 2k for like 600 and get like 2400rms but if you want to get just at the 2k mark get the rp-2000 im running it right now with two soundqubed HDS312s and im breaking sheet metal in my kia soul with it lol. my 2 cents

Well i think ive decided on running 4-8" sundown sa8's in a ported box. Sundown said to use the 2000d and another guy who installs says no get the 3000. The 3000 runs i think $850 id like to push those little bastards. Lol. Just not totally sure which amps too run on em.

Archived